Having a what's the point day

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jessamina

Having a what's the point day

Postby Jessamina » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:45 pm

On paper all looks good. I am married to a great guy, I have 2 wonderful children, a house, family, friends, a pretty good job etc etc. But I keep asking why? What is the point? Rationally I know this is a bad time of year for me but that never makes me feel better. I have tried meds and therapy but my anxiety gets in the way or my meds stop working. I take vitamins now and they hold it all at Bay most of the time but the thoughts are still there. I feel like I shouldn't complain because, as I said, it all looks good on paper. But I can't enjoy it. I have never posted before but I am giving it a try in hopes that others agree with me. Maybe in some connection I can find...something.
Last edited by Jessamina on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisamarieh

Re: Having a what's the point day

Postby lisamarieh » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:38 am

Sorry you feel that way, have you tried light therapy? You can buy one of those lamps and sit in front of it for 10 mins a day and it helps get through the dark winter months. Organise stuff that really excites you and gives you something to look forward to, like a show, watching a band, little holiday etc. Always have something to look forward to xxx

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”