I don't know what now...

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Panda

I don't know what now...

Postby Panda » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Hello!

I'm struggling with depression and anxiety for a long time. Currently I'm working 12 hours a day (two work days, then two free days, so it's not thad bad acutally), but I'm doing physical work in a factory. It gives me more and more health problems, and since my depression got worse, it gives me more mental health problems, too. But the payment is good. It's not great, but it's good enough to live a comfy little life. The only reason I'm still there, is because this is the best I can find in my area, and any other offered job just don't pay enough to make a living.
But I have to change, because it's slowly killing me, I already have too many health problems thanks to my job.

I used to draw a lot, before I got my job and it took away my time. I'm thinking on becoming a freelance artist... But I have no idea how to actually start it. So... I don't know. If anyone have any tips, or have actually experience in it... I would appreciate any help about it. I don't want to leave my current job and then fail in this or struggling for years and being unable to pay the bills.

DiegoArgentina92

Re: I don't know what now...

Postby DiegoArgentina92 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:34 am

Hi, dont know what tell you,, just good luck with this :? .

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Panda,

First, I just wanted to commend you for your recognizing that your job is affecting you, and then having the courage and willingness to do something about it.

I hope this doesn’t come across as condescending. It’s just that many people would rather settle to do what they must do rather than what they want to do. It’s fantastic you want to work towards something that you have a strong interest in as well as not be toxic to your health.

I’m not sure if you’ve tried http://www.fiverr.com?

You might be able to use fiverr to get your foot in the door and promote yourself as a freelance artist whilst making some money on the side. It may be a good starting platform for you.

Keep trying, Panda. You’ll find a way to make this work. Don’t give up.

If I can think of anything else I’ll let you know.

Spleefy

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:51 am

I’m sorry to hear about your struggles, friend. I know it’s not easy to go through anxiety and depression. They’re very complex issues that deserves personal and in-depth attention. I’d suggest that you get some help right away. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will provide the strength and help you need at this time. Hope you’ll get help soon. Sending prayers & wishing you well!

Panda

Postby Panda » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:06 pm

Hello, Spleefy!
I haven't heard of fiverr.com before, but it looks a good place to start. Thank you! This really helps a lot. Also thank you for the encouragement. Sometimes I'm unsure if I should do this or not, but positive words keeps me on the right path.

DiegoArgentina92, thank you for the support! Sometimes some good words is all you need to say. :)

littlestarsmum, thank you for your words and prayers! Tho, doctors/therapists never could help me. I talked with a psychologist years ago, but it just made me feel worse. After some random panic attacks in this summer I was sent to a psychiatrist. Somehow it made everything worse. I barely got out of the bed in that month and I was afraid to go out and meet people, also suicidal thoughts came back. We tried some medicines, but I couldn't take any of them more than a few days, because almost every side-effects got me. Since then I'm afraid to go to hospitals.
Now I'm better, still struggling a lot and sometimes having those days, but at least I'm trying to make things better instead of brooding. I don't want to lose this little better again because of another doctor.

ToGoFruit

Postby ToGoFruit » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:08 pm

I'm sorry to hear your job is deeply affecting your physical and mental health. I would definitely encourage you to keep looking for potential job opportunities--you never know who or what can open the door to something else. In the mean time, finding things outside of your work hours that give you life/fill you up is a great way to balance the mundane and discouraging responsibilities you might be facing. It sounds as if your artistic side could be the key to such joy. Personally, when I was struggling with my own work environment, I decided to pour into extracurricular activities and relationships...this really altered my perspective and contentment over time within the work place. You are not alone. Many people have wrestled with this particular challenge in life and have come out the other side with positive and unexpected results. Praying for a breakthrough with your health, heart, and mind.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”