The reason therapy exists

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

jones

The reason therapy exists

Postby jones » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Therapy exists because no one cares to listen to anyone else babble about their problems unless they're getting paid to do it. Psychotherapy is the only profession where the patient gets blamed if the treatment doesn't work. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

windsong

Re: The reason therapy exists

Postby windsong » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm

Jones, I'm sorry you feel that way. There are a lot of good therapists out there that don't get paid nearly enough and still treat patients. Some might be in it for the money, or for some it might be a bonus. However there are others that have a real desire to help people because of their own experiences.

If you've had a bad therapist, it may take time to find one that you can trust and the right one for you. Not all therapists are a good fit for everyone.

Jimbow15

Re: The reason therapy exists

Postby Jimbow15 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi,
I can see why you might feel that way about Psychotherapists. They don't usually blame anyone on how the therapy goes. It is a partnership between 2 people who are adults and it is usually agreed at the outset what are the goals of the therapy.
Of course you may find a therapist you don't get on with for one reason or another and that's unfortunate.
I think you will find that a lot of people do care about others suffering and I hope you find one soon
Jim

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”