Hurting..

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Anonymousness

Hurting..

Postby Anonymousness » Mon May 15, 2017 4:48 am

I just.... I'm not exactly sure what to do with myself anymore. My fiancé and I are almost always getting into arguments or disagreements... I have insomnia so I was just laying in bed and he got mad at me saying I just needed to go to sleep. It's difficult to sleep when you really CAN'T. I try so hard to do everything right for him and for everyone around me but it seems like it's never enough. I just... I'm hurt and I don't know what to do anymore...

Helloraspberries1

Re: Hurting..

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:51 am

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation at the moment. I can't understand how it must be feeling for you to go through this. Well done for reaching out.

It's hard to get a loved one to understand what your going through. I see that this is getting you down. Have you considered seeing a doctor?

I don't know what it's like to have insomnia so I may not be the best person to ask but there are things you can take to control it like medication, therapy, herbal remedies. It what your doctor thinks what will work best for you.

I suggest speaking to your doctor and seeing what they say. Hopefully then you and your partner can try not to let this interfere with your relationship.

Hope that helps x

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Tue May 16, 2017 11:53 pm

I’m so sorry you’re hurting, girl. My heart ached as I read your post, and I wish I could give you a hug. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. Are you seeing a therapist? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort and provide the help you need at this time. Stay strong, girl. Hugs!

CitM

Postby CitM » Wed May 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Sadly, I have been in that situation. It sounds like he is taking his stress out on you. I know what that feels like. My youngest daughter is under the stress of finals, but then so am I. I have more I'm worrying about than just that too (I have three other adult children). Finally, this morning, of all mornings, my daughter for the 200th time told me 'I'm ready. Let's go." Mind you, that was the sum total of this morning's interaction with her.

So I just said, fed up, "I deserve at least a 'good morning.'" So she said, "Good morning." and then we went to school. Before you blame my daughter, I don't and here is why. I have been letting them treat me that way because I've been just as scared about who I am and what I am as everyone else. It is horrible to be so afraid of my own strength that I ended up letting everyone just use me as a whipping post.

So ask yourself why are you not drawing a line and starting the dialogue with your loved one about how you deserve to be treated? I have decided that never again am I going to let people treat me so badly, because I do not deserve it. No one does. It's a part of human dignity and respect and all of that.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”