Intro-new to this site- feeling down

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ally34

Intro-new to this site- feeling down

Postby Ally34 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:54 pm

I'm Ally. Throughout times in my life i have experienced feelings of depression and sadness. This is one of those times. I'm not sure why i have these feelings. I like being alone, but i am lonely. I don't want to see a therapist because that costs money. Just thought this would be a good option for me.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Intro-new to this site- feeling down

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Depression is one of those illness what can be miss understood or miss diagnosed. It's if you been dealing with strong feelings for a long time what indicates you might be suffering from depression then your more likely to have it.

It's always best to make contact with your doctor. I know health care can cost money but knowing that you can be covered for insurance or know you can get quick access to health care straight away will get you the help you need.

It's worth looking at your options. If just talking to someone and asking them what you can do to seek help then go ahead. It's up to you what's best and what kind of help you need. Looking on the internet is a good way finding out these things.

Therapy can cost money. That's why if you feel therapy is a good option for you then you should take it on but if not you shouldn't waste all that money on nothing. Maybe seeing your doctor getting advice is best.

You can have a look at the website depression understood to find local organisations in your area to get support.

Justyaaveraggurl

Re: Intro-new to this site- feeling down

Postby Justyaaveraggurl » Sun May 07, 2017 3:31 pm

That's for sharing. This is a good place to start. I think in some ways or another or one time or another we all experience depression. But for some of us it is a disease that we have to keep battling. If you have some form of insurance that can really help on the cost. Don't dismiss the idea of it just yet. But if you just want to start with self - help options I recommend a book that has helped me called "Overcoming Depression" by Chris Williams. Definitely keep talking to us on here also.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”