Depression

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

FabamFrigus

Depression

Postby FabamFrigus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:59 am

I don't know how to feel. I have such a good life. I get food every day, I have clothes and parents... But I can't help but feel so depressed. I want to hurt myself constantly, and I feel like I'm so fat, stupid and ungrateful. I always feel like I want to be alone, and hate being around people. It does not help at all that I'm a bisexual and Christain. Or, I try to be at least. I always doubt religion, but I want to be accepted. I don't want to go to hell. My entire family is also Christain, but they're barely open-minded about the LGBT+ community. I have a best friend and I want to tell her so badly, pour all of my feelings out to her, but I don't want to seem weak, or bother her with my feelings.
I also like my best friend a lot, and I know she's bisexual too, but I'm not sure If she likes me the way I like her. This only makes me feel more depressed, knowing that I'll never get a significant other because I'm ugly and worthless. Thank you for your time.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Depression

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:52 am

Please don't think for a second you are worthless or a bad person. I'm sure your none of those things. This is the depression talking.

I know the symptoms of depression. I go through then everyday and I know I don't feel the same way after I go back to normal. Depression has it ways with people it gets you to think all kinds of things.

Sorry you can't talk to your family. You mentioned your friend and that you really like her. Could you tell her how you feel? It sounds like she's a good friend because she accepted who you are and that's a good thing and is there for you.

Is she the same way? What is it you feel she will reject you. You don't know what will happen. You should just take it as it is. Won't know unless you tell her.

If you can't tell her could you get advice online finding out what the best way is to tell a friend you like them? Set a time and place when you think it will be the right time.

I don't know if your taking any medication but it sounds like you seem very low right now. Have you thought about antidepressants?

I hope this helps and please give yourself time to think about your options.

Hugs

Helloraspberries

Bella_Lee

Re: Depression

Postby Bella_Lee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:46 am

Hi, I’m so sorry to hear this. You are certainly worthy of love. Please try and see if you can get some counselling. It always helps to speak to someone as it will help you to process how you are feeling. Is there any member of your family that could possibly open up to? I know you said as Christians they’re barely open minded, but it’s important that you give them a chance in supporting you by letting them know how you are feeling. When we isolate ourselves, what we are going through can seem more magnified. Hugs and blessings

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”