I don't know what to do, I feel like crap.

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BrandonJB1999

I don't know what to do, I feel like crap.

Postby BrandonJB1999 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:37 pm

For a while now I've been feeling depressed because people on the Internet have been making fun of me behind my back and calling me a lolcow and other things and hating on me because of things I like, and they even made a hate page making fun of me like showing stupid things I've done in the past from when I was 11-13. (And they weren't even really bad it was just me being a kid overreacting to trolls.) But the thing is those were a long time ago and I wouldn't act like that now, I've matured. but even then it feels like no matter how much you change people will always remember that one stupid thing you did and make fun of you for it and that really makes me sad. Like I know you shouldn't beat yourself up over something you did in the past but even though I've changed it feels like some people will hate and bash you no matter what.

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:33 pm

Is it a viable option to get off social media for a few months? This would be my first recommendation.

Best of luck.

BrandonJB1999

Postby BrandonJB1999 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:28 pm

nenkohai2 wrote:Is it a viable option to get off social media for a few months? This would be my first recommendation.

Best of luck.

Ok thanks. it's nice meeting someone nice on the internet it used to feel like everyone was out to get me but now I realize that's silly. Like now what I get out of those people making me look stupid with those "me getting trolled posts" is to me pretty much if someone came up to you and found out something you did when you were like 5 (lol) doing something back then that would be worthy of "trolling" but it's like "Dude seriously I was like 5." you see where I'm coming from? Everyone does something that years later they look back and are like "MAN I was such an idiot." Whatever it may be. But thanks for wishing me luck it really did lift up my mood. :)

specter

Put-downs stink.

Postby specter » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:58 pm

The real reason anyone would be interested in antagonizing you is because of their own baggage and their need to project it into others because it's something they haven't yet faced. It's normal for you to feel persecuted by other people who use put-downs against you. They intend for you to feel that way. What they don't realize is that you have the choice to look at the reasons why you feel affected by what they say -- who taught you that you had to believe a particular thought about yourself? -- and that you can change how you feel based on your ability to change your understanding of the situation and the people within the situation. It also helps to try to understand the perspective of the person teasing you. There are many reasons people have for belittling someone, but the ultimate reason is that, in the back of their mind, they are avoiding something that causes them pain.

You are entitled to feel the way you feel, but you also have the ability to see it from a less painful perspective.

Hope you feel better.

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:18 am

Yes, I most certainly do have those times where I thought, "what was I thinking?" Yea, that happened as a kid.

It's also happened much more recently. But I've dealt with it... even forgiven myself if need be.

I believe EVERYONE has had times where they'd asked themselves that question. We are definitely not alone in that!

Best to you

specter

Postby specter » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:01 pm

I have done that, yes. I'm guilty. I've put myself down for feeling badly ... because I accepted the negative thoughts other people projected at me. I allowed myself to believe those thoughts. I did this because I wanted to be accepted. The truth of how we and others feel gets warped and twisted. We don't always separate our feelings from the feelings of others, and also, how they got there and why. It's not "childish" to have feelings. It's human.

And by "we", I mean everyone, not just me. Happens to everyone.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”