I'm trying.

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

nenkohai2

I'm trying.

Postby nenkohai2 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:53 pm

Last few days have not been good. Project at work that isn'y very fulfilling (and its a long slog); wife is going in for surgery; and my son has been in a depressive place.

Thing is, when I get get anxious and depressed, I'm not emotionally present for my family. I feel responsible for everything. Everyone's wellbeing here in the house. I know I can not be. It's impossible. And destructive. I'm trying to get out of it. To find a path....

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:54 am

Yes nenkohai2,

I think the feeling of being not in control is a major cause of anxiety and depression. I have heard stories that until 100 years ago most people were always depressed and unhappy. Most children died, life was hard and lonely.

I have also read that the only really happy people in the 21st century are the very poor, but not destitute, and the very rich. Both groups live in the moment, the very poor because they have no choice, and the very rich because they can. That being said even in those groups there are people who are unhappy.

The next time you drum ... think about an arch. It is unstable until after it is built, at which point it becomes the basis for cathedrals that have lasted for 1000 years. Until the keystone is in place, both sides of the arch need all the support they can get.

Good luck my friend,

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:21 am

Thank you 100footpole. Yea, man... still working on it.

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:37 am

Please know that you and your wife and son are in my thoughts.

( hugs )

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:42 am

Thank you, Star. Wife has had the surgery and has come through well. Follow-up today for her with the doc. Son pulled out of his latest episode - mostly thanks to his mom (my wife)! And I'm trying to stay focused at work... :)

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”