Rumors

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

CitM

Rumors

Postby CitM » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:03 pm

There has been some debate among those in chat about what I have. Let's go through the list and explain why I don't have those.
1. Schizophrenia.
a) Schizophrenics typically show brain degeneration and don't live much past 55 years of age. I don't show any brain degeneration and I'm fine and back in college at the age of 54 and doing well in class.

b) Schizophrenics cannot hold together long term relationships nor raise children. Guess what? I'm on my 29th wedding anniversary with four sane children, two of which are flying through college with relatively long term relationships of their own.

2. Borderline Personality Disorder is someone who shows extremely unstable emotions. They tend to be addicts of just about anything. I neither have an addiction although God knows, psychiatrists have tried. I am stable. I'm honest, loyal, and I try to be cheerful no matter what. In fact my anger is just not around much, lucky for the world. Further, I do not have mood swings. I would say my mood is very stable. A little bit on the depressed side with some anxiety.

3 Dissociative Identity Disorder
I remember things just fine. Better than my husband in many cases and definitely better than some of my extended family. So that's a no. I do not have Dissociative Identity Disorder. People with DPD have chaotic lives. Nope. My life is fine. I do not mutilate myself either.

I do have a frontal lobe issue in the dopamine system, that is slowly getting better that was responsible for ear problems. I did have issues with magical thinking, that recently I had a very big breakthrough and could discard it completely. Now that I recognize it for what it is, I expect my recovery in that way to be rather rapid.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm just a bit of an anxious person who is kind of shy at times and doesn't know always how to react to things verbally said by other people. This doesn't make me mentally ill.

I do have a malfunctioning thyroid. Since hypothyroidism alone will cause depression and anxiety and mental confusion, it can look like a psychiatric illness when it's nothing of the sort and is actually a life threatening medical conditions if left untreated.

I'm a very nice person who has always tried to do the best I could with what I have, and whom I'm with. I try to help. I try to make the world just a bit better for my having been here.

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:37 pm

Why does this matter to you, CitM? I mean, no one can control what another person thinks. I would look at it as "what other people think of me is none of my business." De facto, I don't care.

And if a group has bad enough form to actually debate/discuss/rumor your issues, my personal approach would be to say (to myself), "forget 'em."

Seriously.

In any case, I hope the chatter quiets and the rumor-mongers shut the heck up. Again, just my thoughts.

n

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”