Dan Boyle not above having butterflies in Rangers debut

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

JiriHudler

Dan Boyle not above having butterflies in Rangers debut

Postby JiriHudler » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:46 am

There was excitement, because this is the place Dan Boyle has always thought of as the best in the league Brian Leetch Jersey.</p><p>I ve been answering the same question for the past 15 years — where s your favorite building to play in? the Rangers newest defenseman said after Monday night s 5-4 preseason loss to the Devils at the Garden, his debut in the Blueshirt. This has been it for 15 years http://www.rangersgearstore.com/Chris_Kreider_Rangers_Jersey. This is just preseason, but this is going to be exciting playing here.</p><p>Boyle is the 38-year-old veteran blueliner who turned down more money elsewhere to come and play on Broadway Ryan McDonagh Jersey, and now through one game that didn t count, he s already loving it — even if his game is far from up to snuff.</p><p>I played almost 1,000 games, and I still had some butterflies, Boyle said. It was exciting. I have the preseason body. Everything isn t as sharp as you want it to be, and that s what preseason is for, to get the rust off, to get back to feeling game-pressure-type situation. I m only going to grow from it. It was nice to get out there and start to know the guys.</p><p>Boyle played the majority of his 19:32 alongside Marc Staal, about whom he said, I think I m in good hands playing with him. He was also brought in on his two-year, $9 million contract in order to quarterback the power play, and coach Alain Vigneault gave Boyle 2:23 on the man-advantage.</p><p>You can tell he can move it around quick, one-touch it quick, Vigneault said. But like all our players, training camp is a process. It s about getting ready for the regular season. He had some [good] moments and some moments where he is going to get better. He s like the rest of our group right now.</p><p>As a whole, Vigneault was rather displeased with his defense, which included a shaky performance from the second pair of John Moore and Michael Kostka, while the third pair of Matt Hunwick and Steven Kampfer were a little more stable.</p><p>I thought for the most part, our ‘D tonight, I was expecting a little bit more, Vigneault said. You have to make those little pop plays with the puck so you can come out clean and play fast. In tonight s game, that s definitely an area that we have to work on and improve.</p><p>Boyle is in the same boat, knowing that besides his excitement of playing in the Garden and getting started with his new team, there are still areas he wants to improve.</p><p>I made a handful of mistakes out there that [are because] I m used to playing a certain way, and here, if it works a different way, then you just have to learn, he said. … There is definitely some rust there.</p>

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”