Not looking for answers

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Signs

Not looking for answers

Postby Signs » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:51 pm

I am living alone without a significant other for the first time in 25 years. We couldn't have children. I work full time and I like my job. I help take care of my elderly parents and my younger mentally handicapped brother that lives with them. My two beloved chihuahuas are my only company in the evening; they do help some with the loneliness. They are spoiled and demand attention which I am very happy to give. They sleep in my bed and are little snuggle bugs. I have one living older sister with no children, and my oldest sister is deceased; she had three boys. The oldest nephew is married and we adore his wife. they are not going to have children. My second nephew Just married this year and we are still getting to know his wife. My youngest nephew is still in high school. He has lived with his aunt, my older sister since his mother died about 8 years ago. I have him on Wednesday evenings and Saturdays from about 6:00-10:00. All of my immediate family lives close and I am so thankful to have them. We get together at least once a month to celebrate birthdays, holidays or any other reason we can come up with. I am so blessed, yet I am still lonely. It has been less than a month since he left. I cry often and i'm always on the edge of crying at just about any time of day or night. All it takes is a song, seeing a place we've been, a thought, or almost anything can start the tears. It's one day at a time; sometimes one minute at a time.

Signs

No replies

Postby Signs » Fri May 01, 2015 12:02 am

It's been a month since he abandoned me. He hadn't worked for two and a half years because he was "taking care of his mother who was living with us at the time". I only invited her to live with us for a short time because I believed her lies that she was starving while living with her daughter in Florida. How was I to know she was a self centered, narcissist, lier. David was tormented by his mother living with us for 2 1/2 years. Well we finally had, had enough and moved his mother back to Florida. He left me a couple weeks later. I was hoping we could start again without his mother. We didn't have children so of course there are no grandchildren. I'm alone in my home except for my beloved chihuahuas. No grandchildren to spend the night. How is this happening after 25 years of marriage? I do have a loving group of friends and family support anytime I need them but it just doesn't make up for a significant other living with you at all hours. How does one find purpose? How does one get used to living alone for the first time in their life?

porcupine

Postby porcupine » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:31 am

Living one day at a time is a good idea, or one minute. Otherwise it's too overwhelming. I don't think what you're going through will just go away. I think the only thing to do is to do things you like doing, even if you don't feel like it and give it time. Unfortunately, with things like this the only thing that will help is time. Don't take on too much but distract yourself sometimes. Eventually you will adapt.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”