Fun at work this morning :)

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Itsonlyme

Fun at work this morning :)

Postby Itsonlyme » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:56 am

So I work at a pizza place. Thank god it wasn't busy.

As I went to grab a 1/4 tray, overfull with like 1 1/4 gal of marinara sauce, from the top rack of our fridge, it kind of.... well.... slipped...
I chased it all the way to the ground, and managed to keep it upright, but that was it.... zero slowing from a 5ft fall !

Now I'm pretty good with physics, so I can tell you what happened....
As that tub hit the ground, it ballooned and mushroomed out at the bottom, then, when that energy transferred back the other way, it created a fountain of sauce that blasted straight up my chest, knocking off my hat and glasses, then continued up above my head, and in a complete arc, coming back down over the left shoulder of my manager, standing 6ft away ! Like perfect aim ! :) LOL {we are friends outside of work, and have actually been room mates}

Don't get me wrong, it wasted 1/3rd of the front restaurant as well, with splatters... got on two keyboards, every counter, in front and behind the counters....

But the main fountain of sauce, that ripped up my front side, could not have been centered more on my manager's shoulder... who BTW, was talking to the owner, when this happed > who NEVER lets you off the phone :) LOL He was like, "No really boss, we have a little mess to cleanup" :) LOL

Took the two of us like 20 mins to clean it all up, but we both pretty much just laughed about it.

Oh well.

Like this photo viewer :)

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:04 am

Two great posts ItsOnlyMe.

Have you sold your pictures? If you're trying to build a portfolio put some of them on Wikis under Creative Commons license and documenting.

Thinking a lot about "continuous improvement" . Your sense of humor re-inforces mine. :wink:

Itsonlyme

Postby Itsonlyme » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Thank you 100ft :)

I keep threatening to do something with my work....

But my two major issues are:

1) For me with my ADD, I can do the fun part... stomping around outdoors and taking the shots in the first place..... but when it comes to the business end.. websites, marketing, etc, I'm just completely lost / sidetracked.
Just cannot focus on this stuff to save my life :(

2) I often think to myself, that "even if" I could build some big, booming photography business, and turn my whole work situation around < the reality is "this" is NOT what I sit around dwelling on, and hating my life about, every freaking day ! That issue is loneliness. And a rewarding, well paying job wouldn't make any difference at all with that.

Oh sure, one could say that a person is more likely to attract a partner if they are financially stable.....
But as I often mention, 90+% of the time, women don't know how much money I have, or what my job is, but even before that, they are just never interested ??? :( I could be a freaking millionaire, and they'd never give it a chance to find out ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This might not be good thinking, but often I've dreamed about meeting / getting with a girl who was at least average (normal) at internet, website, and business stuff, who could guide me through this stuff....

Plus, be my cheerleader, providing the extra incentive, and support.....

Hmmmm...

I should add, I'm not looking for anyone to "do it for me"...
I'll be glad to do all the leg work..... and even a lot of the technical stuff too.
I just need somebody with "normal" hand / eye coordination + internet skills, to give me some guidance...
Last edited by Itsonlyme on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:28 am

Would you be interested in learning how to add stuff to Wikipedia ... Maybe make your own Wikibook?

The thought of marketing makes me nauseous. I enjoy the people ... like Cory Doctorow ... who believe that society is changing so that we can live in a post-scarcity economy. Karma / Good Will / what have you is a not rational, but the world seems like a better place after I have decided to believe in it.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:51 pm

Look at the books at

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikijunior:All_Books

Let me know if you want to donate a picture to one of them and I can help you do it.

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”