upset and isolated

Miscellaneous Posts.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

RedTeardrops

upset and isolated

Postby RedTeardrops » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:13 pm

I've been really upset lately, mainly because my 'friends' aren't really true friends. I always see them hanging out after school, not even bothering about me, and it just makes me really sad that they are out probably having a really good time while I'm cooped up in my room watching tv series after tv series. At school, I also feel like the misfit of my "friendship" group, everyone else has a person or people who they consider their best friend, and then there's me with no best friends what so ever, I feel really lonely and it honestly makes me feel miserable.

- An isolated 15 year old girl.

Ieris

Postby Ieris » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:35 am

So you feel like the odd one out... why do you think that is? Are you more quiet, less approachable etc? If you don't have a best friend then you just haven't found your match, there is nothing wrong with that, better to find the right one rather than just grab anyone just for the sake of having one.

It is common to have more than one best friend, I had several back in school. In different subjects I sat with different people, if my side kick decided to skive off that day I'd just talk to the other people sitting on my table, no big deal. Sometimes I struck up friendships with people who I didn't even know the name of so that was cool. Is there a particular person or duo you want to be good friends with? You can easily become a trio if you all get along well, just like in mean girls, certain people group together because they have things in common. So find those who have things in common with you and it should all work out naturally x

Return to “Other Thoughts, Feelings and Messages”