Am I crazy...?

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Imnothere

Am I crazy...?

Postby Imnothere » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:38 pm

My baby girl loves carrots.
The other day I had come home late from work. Tired and hungry, I decided to cook some spaghetti. It was nothing impressive, just average frozen spaghetti. I noticed there were diced carrots.
Just after I finished the late meal, the thought that my child would have wanted some carrots struck me hard. Guilt crushed me in a second. The rational bit of me whispered, "This is insane, she was already fed and tucked in when I got home, no way she would have wanted the carrots." But still. I don't think anyone would believe this -my wife didn't believe me when I told her- I curled up on the kitchen floor and cried only because I ate the carrots. Wife said, "You're telling me, you had a meltdown over something this trivial?"
The subject is a rhetorical question. Thanks to whoever read this madness.

DrHPA42617

Re: Am I crazy...?

Postby DrHPA42617 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi Imnothere,

I've had several very similar experiences, albeit not involving carrots :wink: The chronic guilt that comes from being your own biggest critic doesn't recognize any situation as being trivial or not. Once you get inside your own head it's all to easy to become overwhelmed and end up on the kitchen floor (or wherever) in tears.

Wishing you all the best. Cheers.

Imnothere

Postby Imnothere » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:59 am

Hi DrHPA42617

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Please know how much your reply means to me. How much it means to know I'm not alone.

Wish you well.

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:52 am

DrHPA42617 wrote:Hi Imnothere,

I've had several very similar experiences, albeit not involving carrots :wink: The chronic guilt that comes from being your own biggest critic doesn't recognize any situation as being trivial or not. Once you get inside your own head it's all to easy to become overwhelmed and end up on the kitchen floor (or wherever) in tears.

I very well agree with you! :)

CamilaWillaims

Postby CamilaWillaims » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:06 am

DrHPA42617 wrote:Hi Imnothere,

Hey,
Well said.,,you did great job DrHPA42617

Return to “Expressions”