Will I always be alone?

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

CJLsky

Will I always be alone?

Postby CJLsky » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:11 am

I've been single for 6 months now, and I feel so lonely these days...I know that life shouldn't revolve around relationships, but god, what I wouldn't do just to hold someone and be held again. At first, I thought I wanted to be single, but it turns out that I just didn't want to be with my ex anymore. I feel like I'm not good enough for anyone...it just seems like there's a million guys out there that are better than I am, so why would anyone bother with me? I feel so ugly and worthless all the time...it's eating me up inside. I always just end up being the 'nice' guy that girls talk about their guy problems to. :(

Whenever I talk to a girl that I like, I always say and do the most awkward/stupid things, and then I hate myself for it later...I just don't know what to do. There's a girl that I'm interested in at the moment, but I just can't make myself say anything to her...I'm so afraid that she doesn't feel the same way, and I'd just screw everything up if I told her how I feel. I'm just so afraid of growing old and dying alone...I just can't imagine anyone ever wanting to be with me. Thanks for reading my little rant.

cody56

Postby cody56 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:26 am

Dude, we are so in the same boat. Maybe you could just kinda hint at the topic with this girl you like. Just kinda talk about dating and try to get some clues from her. (P.S. Maybe she like's awkward/stupid things :P)

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:14 am

Hi CJLsky,

Welcome. Relationships are a major factor in our lives, no matter the age. Glad you post here and hope you will give the chat room a try. Good people there that deal with so much and willing to listen, for they care. Lot of support and understanding there.

Take care

Warmie 8)

aim

Postby aim » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi CJLsky. I'm sorry for my long delay here, but I'm relatively new to the forums here, so I just got an opportunity to read your post.

Firstly, Jeanie is right. Relationships are a major factor in life, so please don't feel badly that you are missing it right now. A desire to connect emotionally and intimately with another human being we care about, is natural and a God-given right...in my opinion.

Plus, there are plenty of girls out there who love the "awkward/stupid," thing in their guys, as you call it. Truth be told? Guys who come off as cool and aloof have never interested me AT ALL, and don't interest most of my girlfriends. A little awkwardness only shows that a guy is into you, and that feels good to a girl! Have some faith in yourself, CJLsky. And, since it has been a couple of months since your post, I hope you found it in you to tell the girl you like how you feel - if not, I hope you do soon! Good luck and please do keep us posted! :wink:

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Thanks aim....

aim

Postby aim » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:24 pm

You're welcome! And you are right... :-) How are you, Jeanie? Long time no chat...

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:00 pm

Getting much better here, how about you? Yes it has been a while since chatting.

aim

Postby aim » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi Jeanie! Glad you are feeling better - does time really heal all wounds? I wonder... I am doing well. Happy in most avenues of my life... liking my job, loving my family, and in love with my boyfriend. To tell you the truth, after so many years with the ex, the abuse, the estrangement he caused with my siblings, and the 8 and half years I spent in college, I never thought I'd be happy with those things. Makes me realize... life can be good. We all just need time to get there sometimes. I miss chatting with you...hope we can talk again soon!!!

What's new with you???

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:34 pm

Hi aim, and thank you. Nice to live without pain.

I am told, that time heals. All I know the wounds are there, they don't go away but we do learn to live with them, deal with and get on with life.

Great that you have your 'boyfriend' and sure things are going great for the two of you. Hope your dreams will come true with him.

Me, I am learning. Some relationships aren't meant to be and time for me to face facts and get on with my life. Feel like a used car, traded in for a better model, LOL. But there are things in life that just won't and can't be. Oh well, there is always tomorrow, who knows.

Back to work, trying to get ahead and appreciating what I do have.

Boring I know.

Take care!

aim

Postby aim » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:43 pm

What's boring about appreciating what you have? Nada!! I'm sure you have a million things to be grateful for... you're a great gal. As for being traded in... I'm sure it was a big sour LEMON that pales in comparison to you!

And you are right... some relationships are not meant to be... that's how we can appreciate the ones that ARE. :-)

Thanks for all your responses... it means a lot to me.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:17 pm

LOL, not after all I have been told.

But he is on to younger and better now, my life will go on, without him. As it should be.

Good luck with the relationship that you are in, hope things carry on.

Return to “Expressions”