Sharing

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

ConfusedWithLife

Sharing

Postby ConfusedWithLife » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:38 am

Hello, I needed to talk but was unsure where I could talk at so someone knew how I felt. I’m broken, unhappy, more broken. I feel like life revolves around only a few things and we’re programmed to follow those things. You’re suppose to find a soulmate and fall in love but who says that has to be how your life goes. We’re taught that it is suppose to go that way. It sets us up for failure. Why does life suck. I have so many questions and I feel like sometimes nobody is around to hear me. I’m tired of seeing these cookie cutter relationships it’s not a real expectation. Love only happens like fairytales in movies. Obviously I’m broken. I’m 22 and feel like my life is going to end after the person I love told me goodbye. What is wrong with me? I feel hopeless all because of this stupid standard that the human population has created. I have so many emotions running deep right now. I’m going over everything that’s wrong with me knowing it’s not that bad but to me it seems like it’s the worse possible thing. I think I’m so set on making someone else love me so I don’t have to love myself. Let’s face it everyday women wake up and get ready so they look presentable for men. But why? They don’t wake up and get all fancy for us we’re just suppose to love them. When women have a emotional break down they’re hormonal but when men do it “we” just pushed them to their limit. This is not me hating on men or women it’s just how life is seen. I’m tired, I’m numb. Who created these unrealistic expectations. All I want is someone to love me and I’m this day and age I’m asking for to much.

graceforeverandever

Re: Sharing

Postby graceforeverandever » Tue May 01, 2018 10:17 am

I am so sorry you are dealing with such a difficult situation. It is understandable of having to endure frustration especially when one loses a relationship. It is part of life to have to experience loss of friendships and even relationships, but I encourage you not to think it’s the end of the world because of what you went through. Even in the darkest moments in our lives there’s always hope. I’m sure that someday that special person will come along. Please, let me tell you that you are not alone. Things happen for a reason. It is a hard situation that you are living now, but do not feel discourage. Hang in there!! Please do not give up! I think that we sometimes we do not want to experience breakups but I think it is part of life. I know that for a woman is important to find out an especial person to share with, but do not feel discourage. Hang it there! This time of being single is a time to work on yourself and to open to friendship. Nowadays there are many ways to know people around you through hobbies, volunteer jobs or charitable organizations, tours trips, group from church, speed dating, even virtual sites dating if you feel comfortable with that. Please do not think that there’s something wrong with you!. Maybe we feel tempted to think in that way to explain ourselves about this situation. But if this person decided do not continue the relationship with you is because there’s something better for you. You are still very young and has the opportunities to know more friends. Let me tell you that before we find the right person to spend our life with, many of us go through breakups in relationships with someone we love. But do not give up! It is part of life that we have to deal with split ups or breakups. Please again, do not feel discourage if this happen to you. I would like to share with you that to meet my husband I had to pass for some split ups, rejections and disappointments. I think is part of the process. Breakups, rejection or split ups come from both men and women. My husband told me also that he had to experience split ups when he was dating. In despite of this situation as a Christian I believe God made you in His image and that you are important and valuable person and you are a person worth of dignity and respect. You may be have a hard time believing this, but that doesn’t disqualify you from being love and valued for exactly who you are. Maybe you can take out good of this situation that you have to deal with. On the other hand I think love starts within yourself and you can use this time to think, reflect and start again. I encourage to ask yourself: Have you ever thought what are your strengths and weaknesses? Do you know your talents and skills? What are the things that you like to improve as a young lady? Have you thought what are the strengths that would you like to find in a man? . This list-ly is extremely important for you are going through: https://list.ly/list/1CE4-looking-up-fr ... n-darkness. Do you have a faith or believe system to help guide you through this? Sending you many hugs. I do not know whether if you believe in God but I will keep you in my prayers, my friend

Return to “Expressions”