Life

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

ABHailang

Life

Postby ABHailang » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:14 am

Im only 16 and im so paranoid and unhappy about getting older. My birthday is in a few days and every year around this time i get overly depressed and wrecked with anxiety. At night i cry my eyes out and think about life and how its going too fast for me and i cant keep up. I have goals and i wanna complete them but im not ready but time isn't waiting for me and im just so sad. It makes me wanna not continue on. And just the thought of aging makes me cringe. How do I cope?

Strassette

Re: Life

Postby Strassette » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:47 am

Life can definitely seem to go by fast. It can seem overwhelming at times, especially as you see all these things you want to accomplish with your life (kudos for having a lot of goals !). Have you had the chance to write down the goals you want for yourself? It could make it less overwhelming if you write down your goals and then the steps (mini goals) you will take to achieve the goals. Then you can add deadlines as to when you will finish each step. That could help be able to focus on one thing at a time (each step) instead of the big picture of all these seemingly overwhelming goals for life... just a suggestion :)
On the other hand.. happy birthday! I hope that your special day can be a day to celebrate you and the blessing that the past 16 yrs of your life have been. Reminisce on all the things you have been able to do and accomplish. Focus on the things to be thankful for (family, friends, education, talents, health, etc). You are special and should be celebrated.
Have a wonderful and blessed day.

Return to “Expressions”