opening up

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

MickD

opening up

Postby MickD » Sat May 13, 2017 5:00 am

Ive been on here a few week now, making my own posts and talking to other people.

its mental health awareness week and ive noticed a lot of people have posted their stories. I decided i would get some courage and also do the same, i wrote about my issues on facebook and was nervous as hell wondering if i should even press post.

I did and even though still feel anxious now having it all open and out there, i got such a positive response from people. As expected the male friends i talk to most havent commented at all or even acknowledged it (one of my big issues is the guy friends i have arent approachable at all about this sort of stuff because i guess its too heavy for them or they dont undestand which is the main problem i have about bottling everything up), but an extended network of people had come to me and praised me for talking about it. Nothing has changed my mindframe is sort of the same but i feel like a massive weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I dont know if its a temporal thing while the post is fresh and itll just fade back to how it was, but i felt the love of people coming to me.
Ive got to thank websites like this because without being able to express myself anonymously here i probably wouldnt of got the courage to do it publically.

I also found stuff out about my recent ex that paints her in a different picture and realised she wasnt the best towards me while i was almost perfect towards her, so when she came to collect her stuff (ive had it two month) i kept the conversation short, gave her it and left. i then messaged her expressing how i felt that she isnt the nice person she paints herself publically ect ect ect and then blocked her. i dont know if this was a smart move because i got it off my chest, or a bad move because i burned that bridge, i guess time will tell.

Helloraspberries1

Re: opening up

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun May 14, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi Mike, nice to see you again.

I heard it was mental health week all this week and I wanted to see if anyone would take notice in it. You still got sigma going on with mental health so was hoping for someone to mention about it. I'm so glad you did.

I'm very happy that you got such a positive response on social media. It's hard to tell people that you got a mental illness and you tend to feel like people judge you or think you shouldn't have mental illness. Anyone can get this anytime in there lives.

As you got such a positive response I hope that it goes around and other people can carry on with campaigning and sharing your story but it's amazing what you did and you should be proud of yourself.

How you feeling in terms of life? Do you feel less lonely? I know you been finding things stressful lately but has anything changed? Are you seeing doctor now?

Yeah I know things have been hard too with your ex. I'm sorry you had to go through that alone. It's good of you to have been the bigger person in all of this. You should be really proud of yourself. Whatever happens now, just remember you got people here.

MickD

Postby MickD » Sun May 21, 2017 11:03 am

Sorry for my late reply.

I dont feel particularly better, but i feel like a weights been lifted, if that makes sense?
Yes im seeing a doctor but she wasnt able to make the last appointment so i just saw someone else and they just put me on a month of ssids when i would of rather seen the same doctor, but i guess i can in a month!

How are you ?

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:23 pm

Hugs. You made a big step by seeing someone. It don't feel like it now but you remember how it felt doing that.

Are you taking medication now? How's that going? Are you feeling better since?

Did you mention counselling before?

Please remember were here for you and your not on your own.

MickD

Postby MickD » Sat May 27, 2017 10:57 am

yea ive started a course of flueoxetine, its not having a massive impact but i do feel less overwhelmed with stuff!
Im not seeing a counseller but it was offered to me, i think i might consider it next time i see a doctor !

How are you doing ?

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:33 am

That's good that the medication is helping. I am also on flueoxetine too and it has helped me. How long you been on it?

Yeah glad to hear you might try the counselling. That might be something what can help too.

How's your job going? Are you still doing it?

Yeah not bad thanks still working lol. Been stressed alot more lately. I got holiday coming up this week. My sister is getting married then got another holiday the week after. I booked it off. I just hope work can approve it cuz I told them ages ago booking it off.

MickD

Postby MickD » Tue May 30, 2017 3:41 pm

only been on the pills just over a month now, i was on them in the past many years ago.

Ye still at the job although im looking elsehwhere and stuff.

Your job not getting any better? good luck with getting it off!
Ihave a holiday booked too in july, me and a few friends decided to go to portugal

Return to “Expressions”