My mind isn't depressed, but I am.

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Amp33

My mind isn't depressed, but I am.

Postby Amp33 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum, Hoping to find someone that understands.

I've been on anti depressants for almost five months now. I was also attending counselling for several months, but am unable to now since I graduated college in April. The last month or so I've kind of realized that although I no longer have depressive thoughts, I am still depressed. It sounds crazy and I don't know how to better explain it. I don't have the constant depressing thoughts like before, but I am sad. My self still feels depressed.

Does anyone understand?

Helloraspberries1

Re: My mind isn't depressed, but I am.

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Hi there, welcome to the forums.

Yeah that's completely understandable. I'm sorry to hear that you had to stop the counselling. That's really a shame. Have you thought about going back to that?

Are you seeing a doctor at the moment. If you feel that thinks arnt getting better then maybe your doctor can look at increasing your medication or refer you to someone. What medication is it you take?

It's really hard when you feel this way. The only advice I can give is to either talk to someone like the smartians anytime you feel low and maybe think about taking up a hobby so your mind is busy doing something.

You done really well opening up here. I hope that helps and good luck.

bsbmom

Re: My mind isn't depressed, but I am.

Postby bsbmom » Thu May 11, 2017 4:19 pm

I think that sounds encouraging, a step in the right direction perhaps? I agree, however, perhaps the counseling with the medication is a vital piece. I was instructed that it is a significant portion in order to hopefully achieve my goal of not being on the medication permanently. Perhaps that might be something you could fit in? How about any other support from family or a faith family? I have found that very helpful as well. :)

Return to “Expressions”