I am NOT some Mental Patient, and chances are, NEITHER are YOU!!

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

I am NOT some Mental Patient, and chances are, NEITHER are YOU!!

Postby CitM » Wed May 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Doctors and other people often try to label things in order to treat the symptoms of real issues and concerns. But I want you to try an experiment and see if your life goes better. Also, if your child is having problems in school or at home, maybe if you start thinking in terms of a positive label and telling your child that means they are.... Maybe it could result in a better outcome.

Trouble with Authority became Oppositional Defiant Disorder which really means you have the potential for "Leader"
Conduct Disorder without the Distractability means you do not go with the flow, aka revolutionary or discoverer of a different way to do things
Manic Depressive Disorder became Bipolar Disorder which really means a tremendous amount of creativity potential aka "Artist"
Borderline Personality Disorder became Disassociation Disorder which really IS someone who understands different cultures and mindsets.
General Personality Disorder really has the potential to be a "philosopher"
Being Shy (notice not a mental disorder at all) became Social Anxiety Disorder which really means the potential as a "Humanitarian"
Anxiety became General Anxiety Disorder which really means you have the potential to be an "Activist"
Attention seeker, attention getter, distractable now means ADHD which really means your probably see what others don't aka "Inventor"
Clingyness became attachment disorder which really means empathetic and the potential to be a "healer"
Schizoaffective Disorder means you can envision an alternate reality: scientist, mathematician, artist

Don't go with the negative labels. Try on the real ones. See how you feel.

Helloraspberries1

Re: I am NOT some Mental Patient, and chances are, NEITHER are YOU!!

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:44 pm

I agree. Very true.

That's why only those on here understood what and how we feel. We need to put this out there. Help those who are suffering. Feel there not alone.

We're not.

Return to “Expressions”