I Don't Know What to Do

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Acephala

I Don't Know What to Do

Postby Acephala » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:16 pm

I really don't know what to do anymore. I feel horrible every day and it's really hard to get up every morning and go to school. I have no friends in there so I've been alone for 2 years already. I'm really lonely and it pains me. I mean I do have couple of friends I hang out sometimes but being alone almost every day of the week is just exhausting. And I don't know how to make new friends. I'm pathetic.
I've been feeling really down for almost 4 years now and it's only getting worse. I never talk to anyone about my problems because they have their own issues and I don't want to make a fuss about myself. And no one wouldn't even take me seriously. That's why it's easier to vent here anonymously.
But anyway, I would really appreciate some help on how to make things better because I've lately started to think about killing myself. It scares me and I really don't want to do it.

callalily

Re: I Don't Know What to Do

Postby callalily » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:55 pm

I can relate so well to what you are saying. I'm 75 and I can't remember when I was OK. It's hell. I just forced myself to go on a couple of errands with my husband, but it was so, so hard to force myself to get dressed and go out. I didn't even brush my teeth!

The only thing I can suggest is to go to a psychiatrist and get started on the trial and error of antidepressants, etc. I take a bunch of stuff. You have to wait forever for any of it to start working, which is horrifying in itself, because most of the time it doesn't work.

I wish I could give you some tips, but at least you DO GO to school, which is admirable. I just have to keep telling myself, "everybody has some thing they have to live with, and some are even worse off than us. I, too, have a hard time making friends, and never quite feel I belong. I wish I could just disappear. If you would like to share your agony with me, I will send you my phone number if you send me your email.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

EagerBeaver

Postby EagerBeaver » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:24 am

I am so sorry to hear that you’re feeling lonely, and struggling with depression. Human emotions are complex, it’s hard to sort through them to determine why we feel the way we do. I urge you to seek professional help regarding your situation – it will be very beneficial for you. A professional has the expertise needed to identify the root of the problem, as well as suggest possible solutions and remedies. How is your relationship with your parents? Is there a way you can discuss this with them? If, for any reason, you feel that you can’t discuss this matter with your parents, perhaps you could speak with your youth pastor, a Christian teacher, or a nearby relative. I suggest you to seek help right away. I’ll certainly be praying for you. May God be with your during this time!

ianad

Postby ianad » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:14 am

Hi there!What are your expectations about what being with others is?I mean, sometimes you are in an environment with people that don't suit you. Don't blame yourself for that. When I was in school it was obvious that very very few people there shared something in common with me and these were my friends. They were not perfect but they were fine. All the others, including people I thought were cool, I reallized later they weren't worth the time and the energy I invested to them. So maybe you should be patient, develop yourself and your interests regardless of your peers and it's most likely you will find very nice people to hang out with when you get out of that school of yours.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:11 pm

I'm sorry to hear how your feeling at the moment. I can understand your thoughts and concerns over this and I know it can't be easy.

Making friends is hard for anyone. We all feel the need to make friends at some point whethers that at work, school or college we all feel we need friends so this with how your feeling is normal.

It's always hard to start talking to someone. In the moment it's hard but embarrassing at the same time cuz you think are they gonna like me? What if they be rude to me back?

The problem with this is, your only thinking about what will go wrong then what will go right. Your mind is telling you different to what your heart says.

Don't let the negatives beat you. Keep the problem positive. Remember you can do this!

I don't know if you suffer with social anxiety or just anxiety but there's a chat room on the site what's just opened a new chat room for people with social anxiety. I don't know if that will be any she to you but you might find it helps in the long run.

For the time being though please keep reaching out and don't stop talking to us. We would really appreciate helping you :)

I hope everything goes well for you x

Return to “Expressions”