Venting

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

pen27

Venting

Postby pen27 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:29 pm

After another day at work trying to pretend things are okay, I need a place to vent. I've recently gone off of my latest medication regimen and stopped seeing my therapist. I have been battling depression for over four decades, through tons of therapy and medications with nothing really helping. Now, I'm just too tired to fight anymore. I'm just running out the clock, trying as best as I can to get through each day until I get the relief and rest that I know will come with death. I'm not looking for advice-I've tried everything and just need rest. I just needed to let this out to people who might understand. Thanks for listening.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Venting

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi, thank you for sharing your story.

I know what it feels like giving up and not wanting nothing to do with life anymore. It's so easy to blame other people and hurting yourself Eben more.

Nothing becomes easier and everyday is a struggle. You think why should I even be here?

The only things what have helped me to overcome life's struggles were therapy and medication. I was lucky that it helped me with coping and feeling alot better in myself.

There probably wouldn't of been anything else what would of helped as well.

I know it's easy to be put on medication and see a doctor to check how your feeling but it's not cuz you don't know how the other one feels.

Aslong as you know how you feel and the person you are is like then nothing else matters. It's hard talking to people yes but just talking on here helps a great deal.

Finding happiness can mean alot of things. Not just trying to feel happy in yourself, maybe with helping other people it can make you feel much better.

Quiting is never a good thing. It just makes you feel worse. Especially on you.

I hope you feel better soon.

EagerBeaver

Postby EagerBeaver » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:31 am

I wish I could give you a hug now! I am so sorry that you feel exhausted and tired of being depressed – my heart goes out to you. The best thing I can do for you is to pray for you, asking God to deliver you and draw you closer to Himself. A very good friend of mine found this book, Blue Genes: Breaking Free from the Chemical Imbalances That Affect Your Moods, Your Mind, Your Life, and Your Loved Ones, really helpful - I hope you will find it useful, as well. It must be available through any of the online store. May God be with you!

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Also following what EagerBeaver said, I know reading books can help alot.

If you finding reading fascinating and good you find taking up reading can help you with your spare time.

It doesn't have to be depressing books or anything boring. Just something you like reading. I like autobiographys reading about celebrities. It's what you like what matters.

Hopefully then you would have a hobby and something to take you mind off things.

Wouldn't that be good.

I hope that helps

Return to “Expressions”