Out of patience

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

KTrain86

Out of patience

Postby KTrain86 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:09 pm

My anger and bitterness are justified. It’s not fair that, despite my painful past, I’ve not been rewarded with happiness. It flies against everything I’ve seen on TV, movies, and reading people’s personal stories. I’m quite certain that the majority of my victimizers are living happy and fulfilled, or near-fulfilled, lives. I still haven’t reached that point, and with the way things are going now, it doesn’t seem it will happen any time soon.

What is it, this obstacle? It certainly can’t be me. It must be all the people that prance into my life and then leave behind more destruction. What really makes me angry are these ridiculous self-help belief systems, like “The Secret”, or positive thinking—that kind of nonsense. I have no need for religion; I left that oppressive and outdated institution at 15. And for all those Christians that say you don’t need religion, but rather a personal relationship with God: I’m too old to have an imaginary friend. Don’t you think that’s something that should be left behind at childhood? If not, then you really need to be institutionalized. There is absolutely no deity, no higher power. I’ve tried prayer, and believe me talking to yourself will give you the same results: Nothing.

I don’t want or need band-aid “advice” (i.e., “Get over it”, “It’s all your perception”) or fairy tales (i.e., the Bible, Qur’an, et al). I want positive results, and I want it now!

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Im sorry, I don't really have any response for that.. I just wanted to give you a hug and say I have missed you.

KTrain86

Postby KTrain86 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Thanks for the hug. I don't think there's anything I can do...

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:17 am

((((((((((( KTrain ))))))))))))))))

Consider you family in the depression chat room. Hope you feel the same.

You want the same as so many, some true happiness, friends that are sincere in caring. Not the ones that use you until something better comes along.

Just needed to give you a hug.

Jeanie13/Warmie 8)

KTrain86

Postby KTrain86 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:28 pm

Thank you (((((((((Jeanie13)))))))))). Hope to see you soon in chat.

Return to “Expressions”