Vulnerability

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

nenkohai2

Vulnerability

Postby nenkohai2 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:23 pm

Today is a weird day for me. Feeling extremely emotionally vulnerable. I think events kind of accumulate for me and can bring me down if there's enough weight. Working on it.

I have to remind myself not to write exposing emails, which is what I tend to do. I think I seek comfort from someone by showing that vulnerability. Or, maybe it's just that my "shield" is down and I'm more apt to get maudlin or morose.

Already deleted an email I wrote to a co-worker that share more personal stuff that I maybe shouldn't.

Lunch time. Maybe I just need to eat something. Oi.

specter

Too Little of a Good Thing

Postby specter » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:07 pm

I wish more people had the courage to be vulnerable. Seems people have no idea the benefits therein. If everyone, and I do mean precisely everyone felt safe enough to be vulnerable with each other, then this wouldn't be a problem, it would be a solution.

*shrugs and walks away*

nenkohai2

Postby nenkohai2 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:27 am

I agree, Specter. I really do, despite what I wrote. There have been cases, however, where my sensitive information/feelings have been used against me. That's a hard thing to face.

I hate that I have to be defensive, but there are times when I must. It's really for my own good. ...if that makes any sense...

specter

Vulnerability as a Natural State of Being

Postby specter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:21 pm

nenkohai2 wrote:There have been cases, however, where my sensitive information/feelings have been used against me.

That's the problem. Lack of vulnerability is the weakness. Vulnerability is the solution. The problem is that other people can't handle it.

You make due with what you know. Same as other people. They know nothing other than to be defensive, so they attack other people by invalidating that person's vulnerability. To keep your head afloat, you protect that vulnerability.

Babies are born vulnerable. They (usually) get all of their needs meet, and then some.

It goes like this:

Your vulnerable -> you bond -> you get love -> you get your needs met -> you survive and you thrive.

When we grow up, we no longer have the talent of being vulnerable. We're taught that it's bad. We're taught by example, not by words; our parents can't handle weakness, so we don't let ourselves be weak. Everyone misses out because of this, at some point. We all lose.

It's a harsh world. Not so sure I want to be in it any longer. :?

viuuiuvy

Re: Vulnerability as a Natural State of Being

Postby viuuiuvy » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:56 pm

specter wrote:
nenkohai2 wrote:There have been cases, however, where my sensitive information/feelings have been used against me.

It's a harsh world. Not so sure I want to be in it any longer. :?

The world isn't that bad. If you feel as if you are being attacked at an emotional level.....remember: you are yourself & this is your life.

You get to work on your life & build it. Work on your feelings, thoughts, and health.

I get attacked all the time & do not care: (always keeping myself occupied with various hobbies & such).

Living in the ghetto is different though....I'm used to that lifestyle & not used to the city life. When I go out to different parts people seem to get bothered by me (due to my attitude).

It's called "attitude".

Use it everywhere you go & work on it.

:)

Return to “Expressions”