Love the ones you are with

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

Love the ones you are with

Postby CitM » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:33 pm

I'm not talking about emotion. I am talking in terms of good communication, word and deed.

It's Valentine's Day this weekend. And while it is a busy day for our family as we have an obligation at a church, my husband and I are taking time that day to go out, just the two of us and enjoy each other and a treat.

Romance for us is a nice quiet cafe that serves good wine, and then a candle lit room with a slice of cheese cake and two forks. No matter what has gone on in the past, we promised for better or worse, and I'm going to make sure, it starts getting better.

One of those way is to finally acknowledge all of ourselves and all that we are and the family we have been and the family we will be instead of trying to hide under a rock.

When life gives you an opportunity, take it, cherish it with someone or a lot of someones.

specter

:(

Postby specter » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:53 pm

My 'loved ones' are abusive and toxic. They aren't people I can share love with. ... No one in my life, in fact, is someone I can love.

Valentine's Day is ... OK. You would think it would hurt worse -- even though it's over and it's already March -- but it doesn't feel as bad as one would think. Christmas is said to be the "suicide holiday". I've always found that so bizarre. Wouldn't it make more sense that Valentine's Day be the Suicide Holiday? It would be for me, more so than Christmas. Huh. Might look into some research about that. Odd.

So yeah, I can't "love the ones I'm with". Opportunity doesn't knock on everyone's door, it seems.

It's good you enjoyed your holiday.

100footpole

Postby 100footpole » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Specter,

I love you as a virtual friend.

I am sad that I am not strong enough to be more than a virtual friend to anyone with our problems.

But, I am not depressed about THAT ... I am depressed because I would rather feel depressed, than to take the chemicals that would make me feel nothing. I know that is a decision you can understand, you have taken the stance that you will be who you will be.

(((Hugs)))

specter

Postby specter » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:40 pm

*hugs 100footpole*

Return to “Expressions”