emmerdale appreciation thread

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

porcupine

Postby porcupine » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:04 am

I've been watching Emmerdale. I think with the helicopter crash, Val has survived. I think Diane will get a postcard from Mexico.

I don't think Ross is dead either. Though I think Ruby is dead. The scriptwriters didn't do much with her character.

I don't think they found Declan's body, did they? He's been missing for months.

I'm thinking Val, Ross, and Declan will all turn out to be alive for the Christmas Special or perhaps Emmerdale has an anniversary coming up?

They could come back from the grave like Cathy Beale in Eastenders.

greenword

Postby greenword » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:50 pm

good hopes por - i think you are wrong - val is a goner.

love your knowledge on all other soaps.

i am sure me and you will have lots of talks on soaps in future as like you i adore my soaps.

emmerdale being my no1.

whats your fave soap por ?

porcupine

Postby porcupine » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:22 pm

It depends what the storylines are. At the moment it's Emmerdale. I usually prefer the British soaps.

I used to be into Neighbours and Home and Away in their heyday (late eighties). I think I've either outgrown them or they're not as good. I catch the odd episode here and there. I find the endless Lassiters storylines in Neighbours boring.

I never got into the American soaps like Dynasty, Dallas etc. The only American soap I liked was Dangerous Women. It was like an American version of Prisoner: Cell Block H. It only ran for a short time in the early nineties.

greenword

Postby greenword » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:43 am

you are very like me por - i to have grown out of neighbours and home away and are more into adult shows - but even they have there drops ie eastenders has been so dyer for so long i think all the cast need to go to cell block H lol.

i got to go to work.

chat soon.

porcupine

Postby porcupine » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:38 am

With Eastenders, it's peaks and troughs. They have some good storylines, but then straight after, it goes boring for some reason.

Return to “Expressions”