Depression and anxiety makes me want to stay at home?

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

A

Depression and anxiety makes me want to stay at home?

Postby A » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:08 pm

For a long time I felt as if depression was keeping me from doing a lot of things, like not being able to have a proper job after graduating. Now that I somehow achieved that, I feel like I should be happy, but I'm not! I feel that I couldn't do this forever because it's so mentally exhausting. I have 2 jobs; one day a week working in the field I graduated from which causes me anxiety every time I go to it, and then 5 days a week at a mall..

Anyway, I've tried medication to help me with my depression but nothing works. They've upped my meds and switched them but it's like taking sugar pills. I've been just wondering if some people are just not meant to not work, which I can't believe I'm saying it because I was always about fighting any kind of mental impediment.. I feel like just letting my husband go to work and I just stay home, do regular household stuff and take care of the kids (whenever that will be).. I sound somehow pathetic I think..

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone else felt this way because I feel strange thinking like this.
Thanks

Nebulochin

Postby Nebulochin » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:42 am

You don't sound strange at all. Perhaps you could talk to your husband about how you feel and let him know what your struggling with. I have been to a few jobs and ended up quitting because I couldn't handle interacting with so many people and dealing with so many different personalities.

I haven't taken any meds for it as of yet mainly due to not wishing to be hopped up on pills. I prefer finding ways to deal with the depression and anxiety naturally. I am still struggling with it and being without transportation makes me a bit grateful as it gives me more time at home to sort myself out.

cherrymcdowell

Postby cherrymcdowell » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:38 am

If you find this as an issue, why don't you try to talk with your husband regarding to this? I am sure that your husband will understand you. Just be open to him. Sooner or later, he will notice you, that you have a problem, and I might say that, it can have an effect on your relationship. Anyway, I suggest, just focus to your family. If you have a kid, focus your attention to them. Don't let the drama ruin your life. Just smile, and everything will be ok! :)

shark

Postby shark » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:48 pm

I can't tell you how many times I've woken up and not wanted to go to school/work. I've even skipped school before. It's weird because it's not like school is terrible or anything. I don't get bullied. I have lots of friends, I'm a notorious partier, girls like me, I have okay grades and all. Yet my depression makes me want to stay home and be by myself, all day. Goes to show you that depression will outweigh pretty much any positive if you're in deep enough.

Return to “Expressions”