feeling lost and adrift.

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

heavyheart38

feeling lost and adrift.

Postby heavyheart38 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:00 am

At 38 yrs i am at a crossroads. My work has got tedious, one workmate has resigned after landing his dream job, another is about to resign, he is going to another employer with more money and less work. The company has its work cut out for it in finding him, they had 2 applicants for his job, other guy took a look at the numbers and said stuff that. Anyway that is going to leave me and the boss, a lazy individual that does an absolute minimum yet reaps all the praise. Even with full staff i do over 75% of the work. I have had an absolute gutsful of busting my butt doing 50+ hours a week, being paid for only40, and geting no return. Which brings me to now, what do i do? Im unqualified, have a criminal record from my early 20s that haunts me every day. Im capable of doing anything but i have no idea on what to do. Ive had interviews but nothing feels right. Jobs are scarce here and yes i get paid okay, but all i get offered is deadbeat jobs no different to what im doing.
anyone been in a similar situation and made it out on top?
thanks for reading my rant, i feel much better!

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi there heavyheart38. It's nice to meet you and welcome to the forums.

You sound like a really hard working person who definitely deserves a lot better than what you have to deal with. I'm really sorry that things like this have to happen.

Please know that my fingers are FOR SURE crossed for you. I hope with all my heart you get the treatment that you deserve soon. You deserve so much better !!!

Be sure to keep us updated on how everything is going okay. You hang in there because I know things are gonna get better for you soon.

Take Care Always

heavyheart38

Postby heavyheart38 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:55 pm

Thread dredge. I have moved on from last job and have been in my new job a couple of weeks. Last week I had a massive feeling of being totally overwhelmed and got all negative. I pushed through it and while being very hard have seen the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm going to enjoy this and mood is much more upbeat.

CrazyKiss

Postby CrazyKiss » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:57 pm

Im sorry to hear that and yes i can relate as i know how u feel. You go for all thèse jobs and do ur best but get turned down. Im not saying any of this is ur fault but at thé same time u wanna be à better person to make u stand out from thé res t.

You need to look at ur situation and see wether what ur doing at thé moment is right. If so then just make à few ajustments and keep trying. You will get better and wont he like this forever and things will look up.

You need to show u believe in urself and have thé determation which i know u do but dont look at this in a negative way but à postive. Only u know what u can do and no one else cant really tell that unless as u said they are looking for the sort of employee who sticks all there boxes which we all need to bare in mind.

Im glad u have had jobs and having interviews so keep doing that and something will come long cuz u have had expérience and someone will give u a chance and for whatever reason u had à crimanal record in thé past shouldnt shatter ur dreams forever even if this will take à long time to get thé job u want.

It maybe they are looking at thé fact u do have one by why they giving u interviews if they know that already? Maybe its not based on u having à crimanal but them just looking for thé right person.

Keep doing what ur doing.

Return to “Expressions”