How do you deal with depression?

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:58 pm

We each do a daily thing on dealing with depression. Perhaps getting involved with a job or hobby to keep your mind from thinking "depression".

Myself, I think of someone special, try to remember times shared, music shared, talks. Seems depression has a hard time breaking through that barrier, well at times.

So what does help? Depression is an evil matter in our lives, what I feel.

Warmie 8)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:15 am

I try to keep my mind active by either posting to the forums, doing schoolwork, playing games, or going out for a bit. It's hard to keep doing things though because sometimes my head is just built up with stress of school I can't concentrate on anything and I end up sleeping it off and then feel bad for sleeping it off. Right now my mind is so obsessed over my weight and I feel fat and ugly :(.. and so much more i hate it..

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:40 pm

((((((((((((((( Emotional )))))))))))))))))))))))))

With you all I see is a friend that I do care about. I so look forward to your posting in this forum, must tell you that.

Sleeping is something that many people do. The mind needs a rest from the frustrations of depression and sleep is the way for it to get that.

So glad you do stay busy, you fight it, deal with it and thank you for that. Thank you for being here for me and in my life. You are special!!

Warmie 8)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:29 pm

Aww I Love you Jeanie!! *HUGS*

Today, I am lazy lol but I am trying to get past it because I need to finish this then do some homework.. Then maybe after that I will take a nap. I almost fell asleep on the bus on my way home from clinicals.. That would not have been good if I did lol.

Take care of yourself.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:03 pm

(((((((((((( Emotional )))))))))))))))))

Being lazy is good. A gift to yourself from you, how I see it. Hope you got that homework completed!!

Trying to take care of self and really hope you do the same.

Warmie/Jeanie 8)

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Yes I did get that homework done Jeanie!! :) Now I have more to do today :(.. blah. haha

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:55 pm

((((((((((((((((((( Emotional ))))))))))))))))

Like work, got it done today and I just know it will be there waiting for me in the morning. Go figure!!

Warmie 8)

Katietron

Postby Katietron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 am

I avoid it. I don´t want to think about it, so I read or think about other things that hopefully won´t make me sad.
I guess I don´t deal with it, I kind of try to avoid it. Avoid dealing with it would probably be more accurate.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 pm

(((((((((((((((Katie))))))))))))))))))))

If, at the moment, that works for you, who am I to say differently. Just know you have people that deal with this 'depression' that are willing to listen and give support, here and in the depression chat room.

Warmie/Jeanie 8)

shmuel

Postby shmuel » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:32 pm

My depression and anxiety has been with me so long that I have accepted it as being a part of my life.
My depression/anxiety certainly influences my life..sometime negative and believe it or not... sometimes positive. Mind you I am an optimistic dreamer.
If I woke up tomorrow without feeling depressed I`d probably look for therapy...
What keeps me plodding on is .. give and take.. there is always someone around who needs me and I`m always open to someone who shares something with me.
Every newday I awake to is a journey along the old path... but who knows what could happen... it could get worse..it could get better.
In my world both are acceptable... I have accepted depression as a part of me.
To paraphrase Buhhda...(Dukkha) hope I don`t offend anyone
Its impossible to be fully happy on this earth
Life is shit
And it hurts
In my life thats no big deal... please do keep in mind that these are my personal thoughts.
My depression hurts me..but I never let my depression hurt others..never.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:28 pm

(((((((((((((( shmuel )))))))))))))))

You are wise beyond words. Thank you for your sincere reply.

Warmie/Jeanie13 8)

MoMac

Postby MoMac » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm finding getting out the house and trying new things ie reading different sorts of books is keeping me from dwelling on depression too much. This has proved more helpful than anything else I have tried. A patient in hospital once told me a change is as good as a rest and I think she's right.

Inominatrix

Postby Inominatrix » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:40 pm

Cry, then hyperrationalize.
Last edited by Inominatrix on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:42 pm

I Know that feeling Inominatrix but other than crying I would just sleep and sleep. Being depressed I just want the time to go away because I know when I am not in my cheery mood my thoughts starts racing over tons of things so if I sleep it wont race. Avoiding my thoughts is probably not the best but I just cant stand that feeling.

*Hugs Everyone*

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Dealing with depression is hard. Not knowing the answer, not knowing if what you are doing is right, or wrong.

Hate the person I see looking back at me in the mirror. Why can't she just go away?????

Warmie 8)

Return to “Expressions”