Sometimes I'm not sure what honesty is

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Frame

Sometimes I'm not sure what honesty is

Postby Frame » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:46 am

Tuesdays are better; strangely enough the stress in life has jumped about ten fold from yesrerday to today. But I still better today. I guess no matter what happens, I survived Monday.

Is it truth? What is truth? Everyone has their own version of truth. Is it fact, fiction, reality,,.? A cold clear thought, concept, or feeling unmitigated by intervening thoughts, concepts or feelings? What the heck does that sentence mean?

There are: my honest opinion, brutal honesty, Ben Franklin probably had something to say about it but I don't recall. Is it really the best policy? Does it entail holding on to your opinions in the face of a changing world, not matter how wrong your position might begin to appear? Or does it make you apply your beliefs to each new situation, accounting for what others think?

How can I tell if someone is being honest? And what does it matter? What's honesty good for?

Frame

I looked it up.

Postby Frame » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Ok, Ok; I looked it up.

1.obsolete : chastity; So honesty used to do with purity, but they gave that one up.

2. a : fairness and straightforwardness of conduct; Fair, yea well so often fair isn't out there; but it's important to be fair to yourself. And straightforward I like. I like the concept any way. I haven't found life, inside or outside my body, to be all that straightforward.

2. b : adherence to the facts : sincerity; Now here's one I can get my teeth into. I can do sincerity. I love adhering to facts. I wish facts loved adhering to me. They keep slithering off somewhere and I find them replaced by some other new improved reptilian truth like substances, most likely scientifically synthesized by the media for our greater pleasure.

3: any of a genus (Lunaria) of European herbs of the mustard family with toothed leaves and flat disk-shaped siliques. :

OK; There it is. Honesty is actually Mustard

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:05 am

Hey Frame,
I hear ya. The ideals of honesty. HAVE to be honest with all. I'm kind of a lady of sarcasm, when it comes to being brutally honest...But, I give advice gently because I'm not a "bitch." Honesty is such a lonely word-- something that I long to hear.

No, I don't make a huge deal of it. Intuition fills in the blanks! Whatever. Call it what it is; In this, I have no worries.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:21 am

I'm caught in one of those moments when I reread a post of mine and wanna kill it. Haha!

So, what is honesty? To me, it is 'truthfulness,' (without games, nor deceit). It is telling a friend not only what they want to hear, but also what they need to hear. This is what I meant to convey above, when I mentioned something regarding advice. Honesty is TRUTH, and when it is converted into words, it is kind, gentle and considerate. As I stated above, and want to reiterate, honesty is void of deceit.

Return to “Expressions”