Cascade Mountain Range, A Sunlit Bay...

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

4EverMe

Cascade Mountain Range, A Sunlit Bay...

Postby 4EverMe » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:23 pm

A view of the Cascade Mts.,
And sights serene of the bay...
Will I admire with my morning coffee--
From the apartment I FOUND TODAY!

I am SO grateful, relieved and happy, it's hard to even put into words...For those of you who know what I've been dealing with lately, you understand. No, it's not all over yet. But I got a new apt this morning--something I desperately needed! Not only was I on a very tight deadline to find a place, but the place I wanted most (and the 1st place I've applied at) took me as a tenant. My new place is in a town close to where I currently live, but far from the neighbor who's been causing me trouble! My prayers are literally being answered...One thing at a time. And this is such a great start. It's hard to believe that I found such a nice place with such an awesome view. I'll just say that people pay good money for such views in this area; I'm VERY fortunate to get a deal like this, AND in such a nice and quiet neighborhood!

fallen

Postby fallen » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:14 pm

i am really happy for you

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:56 am

Thankyou fallen. It's funny how a couple days ago I would have given anything to go to the beach. Well...the ocean. It's ironic that I got an apt with a view of the water. Heehee! Though I'd still like to see some rolling waves again, I'm definately grateful for what I AM blessed with. :)

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:20 pm

This might sound childish or ridiculous. But I'm surprised I haven't received more responses. I don't expect anyone to throw me a lavish party or anything...I'm just a bit hurt it's not like nobody knows me here. I guess the reason it bothers me is because something good finally happened, amidst the bad, and hardly anyone has anything to say.
Please don't reply though, just because I wrote this! Also, I just want people to know that I didn't post about my finding a nice place to brag about something fortunate happening to me, you know?

veggiemark

Postby veggiemark » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:44 pm

We were waiting for a photo. CONGRATULATIONS on your new peaceful place

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:15 pm

Thank you veggiemark for your congrats. :) I almost used my phone to take a picture when I knew I had the place, but since it was my first time there, I didn't want to appear tacky or overly excited! LOL!

veggiemark

Postby veggiemark » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Lol. It sounds like a wonderful place. You deserve ir

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Aww, Thanks for your kind words. The floor is just a tad bit uneven (lol) but I'll get used to it! I'm surprised that my rent will be cheaper there than at my current place! Whatta deal. :)

veggiemark

Postby veggiemark » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Uneven floor is good, You can walk uphill to get your coffee!!

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:26 am

Hahaha! Yeah. Get my coffee and exercise at the same time! My gosh. It's not THAT bad. Lol! But there is a bit of a dizzy feeling in some spots. I live in the Puget Sound. A mountainous area. Maybe that's why the floor is a bit uneven. The 4-plex is up on an embankment...This allows for the better view though. :)

By the way, I looked for any post you might have written about what's going on in your life. Have you written one? If so, I can't locate it! Ugh!

veggiemark

Postby veggiemark » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 am

Morning! Hope the morning sun finds you with anfullmcup of coffee
I have not made a specific post about what's goin on with me, just a few hints in the five or so posts I've answered. I am still feeling my way around here.
I have been overwhelmed by having to move. Today is my last day at my old place. I have been here 10 years. My depression has made this terribly difficult
Unlike you,I am moving to a place I don't want to be in ,in a neighborhood imdont like,but it's either that or be homeless. Unless I find a job soon I won't have rent money past October
I have been up since 4 am. It's 7 am now and all I can do is listen to how fast my heart is beating
I'm gladi was able to respond to you this morning
- mark

veggiemark

Postby veggiemark » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:07 am

Hi 4
It's 9 am and I still haven't Accomplished anything except get a coffee
I have a days worth of moving stuff and all I want to do is
Nothing
I'm going to leave my old apt still filled with my "stuff"
I made a few trips yesterday that left me feeling sorry for myself
It's the worst feeling I can have
I am going to picture you , having an " uneven" cup of coffee
Looking out at the mountain.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:57 pm

Haha! Thank you for the humor; You're going to imagine me with an even cup of coffee, looking at the Mts. Talk about 'imagery!'

I'm concerned about YOU though. So, you're moving? You've made some trips to move some of your things? (Hope I understand correctly) What is it that you're feeling depressed about? Is it that you're leaving a lot behind? I get the impression that because of depression you might be lacking the motivation to move all of your belongings...Am I right? Is there also something more? I don't mean to bombard with questions...Just worried about you. Please share more of what's going on. That is, if you wish to. I'm sorry you're depressed. I know how you feel. (the depression/lack of motivation)!!

Just for a little humor...You ARE eating your veggies, right? Heehee :)

veggiemark

Postby veggiemark » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Hi 4. Your assessment of me is correct....moving anxiety... Leaving neighborhood I lived in for over 20 years...what few friends I have left are here.. Collected a mountain of stuff all these years...threw out a bunch...moved a bit....I hate all this stuff
One of the worst parts is that I am dependent on one of my friends that has a van.....was supposed to meet me 11 am sat..showed up at 3 and said. " can only make 1 trip..cause it's getting late..today. Said. Well start in the morning....at 2 pm he says. Can make 1 trip at 6:30. No more!
I had anxiety all morning..no serenity. I should have gone to an AA meeting.... I keep thinking how little happiness I get from being alive...
I am happy to hear from you today... I can briefly think how happy I was when I spent time on the west coast...

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Hey veggiemark,
Ugh! I know what you mean about no transportation, and having to depend on other(s) for help this way! I'm dealing with that too. I'm not leaving a neighborhood I've lived in 20 yrs, (Sorry,...for you)! But I'm leaving a town where my friends live, and going to a totally new place where I don't know anyone at all. Might as well be goin to Tim BukTu! (however that's spelled). My friends who used to have transportation don't anymore...Mormons who knocked on my door offered to help me move! This is VERY kind of them...I know what this means though. They're going to try and persuade me to join their church!! I'm a non-denominational Christian, and have NO interest in becoming one with their religion. I'll leave it at that...

That's terrible-- what happened with your friend! Two trips?!! So generous- Ha. No wonder you're feeling depressed. Veggiemark, I DO feel that when you move, things will slowly improve, and you will meet new people. I'm trying to believe this about MY situation. Prayers 4U!

Return to “Expressions”