Energy Disrupt

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

crystalgaze

Energy Disrupt

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:52 pm

There has been this thing lately that's bothersome.

I simply haven't been myself. Everyone says I've been quite angry lately. I have a temper that is returning, & I am getting to the point where I am almost not sparing anyone. My mouth has gone bad (again).

I am almost a sailor. I've started saying exactly what I feel, without a care for how it sounds or how it comes off. For example, my co-worker was poking me about my sitting there--not doing anything.

At first, I tried to explain nicely: Look it's been a hard day. I could not even take lunch, due to the crap I had to endure.

The person still decided to get on my case after that some more & it just annoyed the crap out of me. I went on for the better, let them know I was not feeling well, & let them know I had not been feeling well from before I got to work--as if anyone gave two hoots (nice version of what I really wanted to say). I still tried & came in anyway.

I would've been fine, had it not been for the drama--fielding calls from angry clients & the emergency situation that popped up today--involving the police, etc.

Okay, now you know that whole event made my stomach crank out super acid, right?

Frame

Postby Frame » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:41 am

Your in the thick of it Crystal, aren't you. But if your taking calls from clients, you have the power to positively (or negatively) affect the flow of business. And if you can support the business flow in way you become important to your employer. They might not tell you or make you feel that way, but if your helping their business they will try to protect you.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:32 am

I really wish or believed they would protect me..... Unfortunately, I do not think that they would.

I am not rude to clients. That's just bad business....

It's just that having a nervous condition & dealing with the angry phone calls, blistering answering machine messages, unhappy clients who walk in the door, as well as the anger from my co-worker is well a bit much.

If pushed or backed into a corner, I'm going to push back--but when I do, nobody is going to like what I'm going to say (because I'm going to come out swinging with a vengeance).

I am direct. I asked my stressed-out coworker, "How do you want me to help you? What do you need me to do?" DO YOU KNOW THAT I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE AN ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION?!!

I mean, if the guy can take time to rail at me, then he can also take time to answer what I feel is a simple question that will help productivity & reduce stress.

He knows if he just says, "I need _______" that I am on it & I usually get it done, unless I don't know all the information I need to do it. He's done it in the past.

"You wanna fill out this form for me?" "Okay."
"Hey, can you do me a favor & grab some food for me before I go on that service call?" "Alright."

My answers are the rightmost ones. Management did not hire me to work every day & my not being there every day is what's causing problems. Now whose fault is that?? Certainly not mine.

Frame

Postby Frame » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:18 am

Sounds to me like your more capable than some of those around you. Navigating the politics of the work place (or rather not) is why I'm (not so successfully) self employed. I couldn't make it under those conditions. I would lash out too.

4EverMe

Postby 4EverMe » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:51 pm

Hi Crystal,
I know the stress of your type of employment. It's called: Someone told me to eat sh** and die today!! Yeah, words that convey that tend to make a person wanna swing!
Before I became a CNA and earned my living wiping a** all day, (but God bless the patients/people who live in nursing homes) I worked in clerical at a business called "classified." Anyway, part of my job, aside from clerical duties was to answer the phone and speak to angry clients. My company was Very strict about the attitude us representatives held while dealing with these whiney callers. It took me time to learn that when people gripe it is because they truly just want someone to coo to them like a baby. Tell them how you "understand their frustration cause you would be upset too" Boy, when you act like you're sorry for their 'grief,' they feel they've a comrad. Works wonders sailor woman. Lol!! I feel ya! Wishin you the best!'
HERE IS SOME ADViCE. Make a list of ALL you enjoy. Pick a time and indulge!.

Return to “Expressions”