I'm so frustrated at myself.

Feelings and emotions regarding depression, anxiety and other health issues.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Stephen
Senior Moderator

I'm so frustrated at myself.

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:04 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:06 pm

At the risk of being repetitive, I wish to say that I'm so annoyed at myself for still being caught in this circle of depression that I've been trapped in for years.

I'm told the way to break out of this cycle is to set myself goals (even very small daily goals), to draw upon the lessons I've learnt from the therapy I've received and to become more mentally and physically active.

The problem I have is overcoming the futility I see in everything; but even more importantly I think, finding the self motivation.

I think the main point of this post, and why I'm so annoyed at myself, is my lack of self motivation. I was therefore wondering if anyone knew of any good articles about self motivation that they have found helpful, and that I could possibly read?

I wish I could somehow turn this emotion of frustration into something positive – to divert this energy into a positive channel and hence break my stagnation.

Sorry for "venting away" and boring you all to tears!

I hope you’re all doing well.

Stephen.

Gloomy2

Postby Gloomy2 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey Stephen!!!

You aren't boring anyone!!! That is THE major problem I suffer with because of my depression---how to get motivated to do ANYTHING when I feel so lousy & down. OH! I hear ya on this one!!!!!!!!!! I struggle a lot with this--I seem to set goals and never finish them and then berate myself for NOT being able to do them. I think I set too many, which only defeats the purpose. I guess I need to try to take it easier on myself and set REASONABLE goals for the day--even if it is only one or two things. A lot of the time I feel like I am stuck in quicksand and want to get things done but feel so blah that I can't seem to get myself going. It is awful. I did hear one time in therapy, to make yourself do things for 15 minutes at a time----even setting a little timer to ring. When you are done, you have at least made a dent in something and sometimes it inspires me to finish or at least do more. Right now, my den is a MESS---where the 'puter is...and I did force myself to move & clean up stuff a few days ago and tomorrow I intend on doing some more again---eventually it will look like the nice, clean, comfy den I USED to have and I know I will feel better when it is. I don't think we are the only ones who battle this---I think it is a symptom of depression that really sucks.

Hugs,
Gloomy/Colleen

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:07 pm

Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:22 pm

((((((((((((((((((((((Stephen))))))))))))))))))))

The circle that depression has us spinning in isn't easy. None of it is easy, for we don't want this, we didn't ask for it, but we have it and deal with it the best we can. Like so many other diseases it lives within us, it grows and we live each day, minute, dealing with it the best we can.

Good on you wanting to read materials that will help you to be motivated. Amazing how the professional, the unknowing, the guy down the street can and does tell you what you "need" to do. Let them walk in your shoes and then come back with advice. Bet it would be different.

Don't have the answer but here for you. Try this, I have read from it and sometimes find a quote, a suggestion that helps me once in awhile. http://www.motivate.com.au/self-motivation.htm

Love to you

Warmie

8)

sarlu02

Postby sarlu02 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:10 pm

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:51 am

(((((((((stephen)))))))))))))

Im sorry your feeling so poorly :(

ok..here we go....

motivation for the day

- Home and Away

- Coronation Street

- A good chinwag in chat

etc etc.

On a serious note mate...for me what worked..well..to be truthful..I dont really know what worked..but just know your loved and cared about by a lot of us ok? Sometimes just knowing that can make a world of difference. Sometimes finding something that you really like is a good thing to get your mind going..like for me at the moment, its making those cool slideshows in microsoft powerpoint, and adding music to them also etc. I enjoy doing that..I can make them fun and about anything!!! But thats just me. A hobby is always a good place to start. Something you can really get into and something that you actually WANT to get out of bed at 6am to do. LOL.

Hang in there matey. You've a kind heart and are a good person.

sarlu

Nykkytta

Postby Nykkytta » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:12 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:58 am

((( Stephen )))

I found a few articles that were interesting.
http://www.selfhelpsolutions.homestead. ... tion1.html
http://www.aksworld.com/FreeReports/sel ... oughts.htm

And this has many articles on many things...:
http://mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap14/

Hope this will help!

Take care, lots of love!

Nykkytta
:D

Stephen
Senior Moderator

Postby Stephen » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:13 pm

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:02 pm

((((All))))

Thank you so much for your replies.

Sorry I've not replied until now, but well, I've been feeling pretty down and haven't been on the forum for a few days.

Thanks for the links (I will read them in a minute), and thanks for all your thoughts on what I might do to help me out of the rut I'm in.

I'm just really grateful to you all. And it's nice to know that I'm not the only one feeling what I feel at the moment... it sort of helps in some strange way to know I'm not alone.

Hope you're all doing well.

Stephen.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:14 pm

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:39 pm

Stephen, it is call sharing and supporting each other.

Hope you find the motivation and know there are many in here, you are never alone.

Warmie

8)

humbleness003

Depression Treatment

Postby humbleness003 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:32 am

Hi mate,

I understand your situation perfectly as I was in a similar situation before. From my previous experience, I am suggesting you a treatment to cure depression. You can go for a non-invasive neurotransmitter lab test to measure your neurotransmitter and hormones levels. Through this test, you can identify the neurotransmitters that are too high or too low. If you find any imbalances, you can undergo targeted amino acid therapy to get the imbalanced neurotransmitter and hormones levels back on track. This will alleviate the any symptoms related with depression.

The program employs a mixture of specific amino acids, vitamins, and minerals to raise your body's neurotransmitter production. If you use these chemicals in the right balance, you can get back to good mental and physical health. Your brain and nervous system will function with great fluency and you are back to a normal life. You can use this program alone or in conjunction with other therapies your practitioner may prescribe. You can know more about depression treatments by visiting the links given below.

http://www.lifepositive.com/Mind/psycho ... ession.asp

http://www.pillwatch.com/category/major ... tment.html

depressedforever

Postby depressedforever » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm

motivation is one of the first things to be lost in depression and that one thats hard to get back.

when i am depressed i lose all motivation and cant even motivate myself to come out of bed. i get sudden motivation and i have to try and use it straight away or else i lose it again, if you see what i mean. like throughout the day i mighat get motivated once or twice to read a book or somethig and i have to read it there and then or else i will lose the motivation again. everyone is different. but you are not alone in this.

i know its easy to have all these plans about what to do when you are depressed, but when you are depressed you cannot put them into practice so its almost useless having them.my care coordinator is making a care plan with me and to be homest i dont see how its going to help but anyway.

try motivating your self to do little things like getting up iin the morming and having a wash, rushing your teeth, combing your hair - none of which i can do at present because of lack of motivation.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:45 pm

(((((((((((((((( humbleness and depressedforever ))))))))))))))))

Just a warm hug for both of you.

Warmie

helium

Re: I'm so frustrated at myself.

Postby helium » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 am

Stephen wrote:
The problem I have is overcoming the futility I see in everything; but even more importantly I think, finding the self motivation.

That's exactly my problem. Finding motivation is not easy and we really need to look into ourselves to find those key reasons we need to keep going. Last year I set solid goals, such as finishing college, but my circumstances changed and right now I'm trapped in a political unstable country,Venezuela, and I am planning to either be back to Fl or move to Spain.

Right now I find it hard to find that motivation I had last year to finish all the paper work to start classes in January. I wonder why I really need to finish school in the first place and then I move to the question of why I need to live in the first place.

I'm sorry if I wasn't very helpful, but I do think you need to look within yourself and observe what things fire you up.

::Hugs::

Hortensia

Return to “Expressions”