Positive things that happened to me today is...

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 pm

I have FINALLY managed to write and post a letter to my bank apologising for missing the last two payments on my loan, explaining how bad my financial situation is and trying to negotiate to see if i can reduce my monthly payments. For weeks I have just been avoiding their phone calls and worrying about the problem so it feels very pro active to finally do something about it

P.s. Mich, was happy to imagine you enjoying that peanut butter and allowing yourself some food and comfort

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 pm

Congatulations (((( Lisalou ))))! I remember a similar situation and encounter with my bank some years ago. I had to screw up my courage before I could talk to them then, so I know how nervous you must have been. But, you did it. Respect is due!!!!
Hopefully, they may well be sympathetic, at least up to a point, if only out of pure self-interest.! And, with the economy in the state it is you certainly can't be the only person needing to re-structure your personal finances. So, stay strong housegirl! ( Or, should that be homegirl? I really must stop trying to be " down with the streets ". I fear that I had an irretrievably middle-class upbringing! Although, I do vote Liberal Democratic, which makes me the " black sheep " in a generally Conservative-voting family background...! 8)

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:29 pm

(((((((((Lisalou))))))))) good for you! I need to draw courage from your example to contact that collector about the debt my ex-husband ran up in my name...

((((((((Tacking))))))))) you crack me up friend! My mom and I vote opposite each other too, so we try not to talk politics!!!!!!

Well, someone just stopped by my house for another reason, and it just so happens to be someone I wanted to work on a project with that I've come up with. The person not only agreed but was enthusiastic! I am excited! I was doubting myself and if I would be able to do this project, now I have a key and great partner to do it with! I think it will be a wonderful project for the community if we can pull it off.

And my little piece is supposed to be published this weekend, another project I hope takes hold...

So far, today, not in severe physical pain (which has been bad lately, so big relief)...little bout with depressive thoughts this a.m., but doing better now. Had nice bubble bath (last of the gel...gotta get some more soon! Baths just not as fun without bubbles!!!!! makes me feel like little kid!!!!!!) and got some cocoa to make later. May not stay for long, but at the moment, life seems good!

P.S. Thanks ((((((((Tacking))))))) for your encouragement on the other thread and again for the writing rules you posted on yet another...you've inspired me to get back to trying...

EDIT TO ADD: Well, emailed a friend about helping with the project too, and that person agreed and is on board. Didn't know how I was going to get through the month, and in today's mail check for almost $5.00 came in from some insurance litigation class action suit I knew nothing about that they are paying me from award...so I can buy some shower gel and some more bread for grilled cheese and egg sandwiches to have something tasty to eat for til I get more money in...and I am thoroughly enjoying short track in the Olympics! May be miserable tomorrow, but so far, great day!

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:45 am

(((((((((((((( everyone ))))))))))))))))) soooo glad that everyone had a great day!!!

February had been really tough, so as March, but hey, today i went to school and my students suddenly behaved in my class, which is very very and extremely rare!! so thats a good thing, they also did everything that i said, i wish they can behave like this everyday, but how i wish!

(((((((((((((((( everyone )))))))))))))))) i love you guys so much, please remember that

dandelion

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:07 pm

(((((((((( everyone )))))))))))))))

Hi dande!

My positive thing for today is that I showered. I am glad I had the strength to do so. Today was a strange day....

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:00 pm

(((((((((((((((( crys ))))))))))))))) i love love love shower :lol:

This happened last Friday, i hope it is count, hehe. I know i should feel sad and upset and etc etc about this, but my principal is no longer around!!! last friday was her last day at school, lol, uhhh i mean waaaaa :cry: . umm yea...

well, i hope everybody had a great day ahead

((((((((((((((((((( everyone )))))))))))))))))))))

love
dandelion

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:15 am

((((((((((((((( Everyone )))))))))))))))

Today my anxiety just all over the place!! but i'm not sure why, i wole up today and feel really really good :) and i'm in good mood today despite being sick, vomitting, terrible headache etc etc.

Hope everybody has a great great day ahead!!!

live
dandelion

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:20 pm

(((((((dande))))))) I am so sorry you are sick. I hope you get well soon.

My positive thing for today is that I went out into the sunshine and warm temp which is so unusual for us at this time of year. Soaking up some Vitamin D felt good.

Mich

Postby Mich » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:54 am

My positive thing for today is that my husband said something funny and I laughed. It felt good to feel that moment. Maybe there can be more to my life than feeling pain.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:48 am

Woke to knowing I MUST make changes. Guess that is a 'positive', time will tell.

Warmie

Misty

Postby Misty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:32 pm

(((((Everyone)))))

It's easy to miss the positive things that happen but we certainly remember the negative. Isn't that strange.

Well, today I put up a beautiful bird feeder to replace the one I got last week (it's much bigger). It calms me to watch them.

Thoughts to all,
Misty

Asilee

Postby Asilee » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:06 pm

I wish something positive happened to me today.

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:34 pm

Positive today?

I woke up, this is a good start.

Blood sugar count was good.

Got shopping done, while there weren't a lot of people around.

Watched a gentle rain waking up the earth.

So yeah, some positives happened.

Warmie

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 pm

(((((((((Warmie))))))))))))

I had food to eat (many people in this world are starving)

I have a roof over my head while it was raining (I think of those people who are homeless in places like Haiti living under sheets if they are lucky, dumping water out of their way and wondering how they will survive the rains)

The weather is warming up, so I won't be using so much natural gas, and with lower utility expenses, my bill may be down next year as long as I carefully conserve.

I couldn't reach my mom all day, phone was busy and so worried she had fallen (she is very disabled), so I just drove to her house a bit ago and she is okay...just had some sort of power surge earlier that knocked the phone out too and she didn't realize...whew! So relieved she isn't seriously injured.

I will be able to pay my bills this month, it will be tight, but I can pay them.

Had the opportunity to offer responsive posts to others on this site, which reminds me I am not alone! I always feel better when I get outside my own junk and focus on trying to help or support someone else, recognizing many have it so much worse than I do.

I was able to walk, see, hear...I may listen to some music in a bit! Or watch a movie! Or take a bubble bath! Whatever I decide, it will be a treat!

I slept well last night, and so far have not needed an ativan today (trying to consume less refined sugar to reduce anxiety, and seems to help!)

Oh yes, I got some McDonald's coupons in the mail and have been getting occassional "Mocha Frappe's" which is like a Starbucks Mocha Frappachino. If I am gunna splurge on refined sugar, nice to get for free or discount! So I had one today on full belly so as not to spike my blood sugar too much....yummy junk food! (or rather, junk drink!)

No new bills in mail today, yay!

I realize I have much to be grateful for, it doesn't eradicate depression and sorrowful events and circumstances, but helps me cope and manage them a bit better!

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 pm

(((((((((((( shattered ))))))))))))))))))))

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

You make me smile, you really do.

Warmie

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”