Therapy Appointment

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Mich

Therapy Appointment

Postby Mich » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:45 am

I had an appt with my psych yesterday. We talked about some very traumatic things from my past. Things that cause me great pain and shame. When I came out of his office, there were 2 people sitting there right by the door!! People are not supposed to wait there (for privacy reasons)...they are supposed to wait down in the waiting room which is some distance away. I am quite freaked out that these people heard my story and my anguish. I went and freaked out at the secretary saying she shouldn't allow people to sit there....I was ranting and crying. Now I am so embarassed to face her again. Unfortunately, I don't feel like my psychiatrist's office is a safe place any more.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:35 am

Mich I am sorry that you don't feel like your psychs office is a safe place anymore. That is one place you should always be able to feel safe at. And I am sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully they didn't hear anything, but I understand, it is an invasion of privacy especially when you were talking about the kind of stuff that you did. I probably would have done the same or completely panicked. Hopefully she will be replaced, or not do it again. Or if it's too hard for you to be open with your doctor because of the trust would you try to find a new one? Hugs to you.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:28 am

I would feel the same.... If you don't feel safe any more, I would try to find a new one....It's probably easier said than done & who really wants the upheaval....

Sometimes change can work in your favor, though.... (((Mich)))

So sorry to hear.... That would make me freak out thoroughly.... ((((Mich))))

xn728

WELL SAID C

Postby xn728 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:24 am

yeah ,listen this may sound nasty but if they were there to listen ,and they should not have been ,then i hope they feel ashamed and there demons punish them ,dont be upset mich these people are nothing to you
dont let anything stop your chance of help , ken you have with everyone else been strong for me this weekend ,you should be proud
all of you xn728

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:15 pm

that really is an infringement of your privacy and i think it's a real shame that it happened just as you were opening up about your issues...i hope you will still be able to trust people again

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”