waiting and waiting... for support group

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Whisper

waiting and waiting... for support group

Postby Whisper » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:57 pm

I've recently sort of gotten my head above water out of a long, very long major depression. I'm lately waffling between mild, medium and some pretty good days and trying like heck not to get dragged under again.

I had found out about a depression group that was supposed to start early Sept. but they almost cancelled it due to not enough people. So its been up in the air all month as to wheather it will start. It was supposed to start for sure today, and I just got another call that its put off till next week, again. I've been holding on to hope that help is on the way and I won't have to struggle with alone anymore, but I'm near ready to give up on this group. Its not free either, there is a small fee that I was ready to pay, but they are so scattered, I'm wondering now.

Jeanne

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:41 pm

Congratulations on hanging in there! Good job! Also, welcome to the forum, although this is a little late! :) Is there any way that you might be able to find another group?

What has happened sounds a little rough.... Jeez.... Continue, as much as you can, to keep your head above the water.

Take care!

P.S. I didn't really know what to say, but my intent was to be supportive of your effort + to also cheer ya up a little.... Maybe this expresses it better:
((((((((((((((((Whisper/Jeanne)))))))))))) Great big hugs to ya!

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Whisper, how are you doing? Did the support group ever start?

sweetabby

Postby sweetabby » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:09 am

What about organizing your own?

Whisper

an update

Postby Whisper » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:45 am

Well, I'm doing fine lately. I'm all the way out of the depression. That support group did eventually start, but by then i was near ready to move and I had found one on one counselling in my neighbourhood. I'd also found an alanon group in walking distance. The alanon really helped, I should have checked it years sooner. I moved back to my boyfriends out in Ashton (rural Ottawa) again. I can find another alanon nearby though, and this move is temporary. I did check out one session of the long awaited support group and i liked it, but it was bad timing and too out of the way, esp. to where I am now.

Jeanne

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:50 pm

welcome back whisper, i'm really glad to hear how much better you're feeling and that you're getting the help you needed.

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:10 pm

Jeanne,

Glad that you are doing so much better.

It is unfortunate that the support group didn't work out for you. I know that I have been in a few over the years and have found them quite helpful. Have also made a few enduring friendships over the years, from the group.

If this forum isn't working out for you, hope that you find a different one on-line that more helpful for you.

Remember, you are always welcome here.

Take care

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”