Job Fair Gone Wrong

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

crystalgaze

Job Fair Gone Wrong

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:56 pm

There was a job fair today, which I found out about late last night. I really wanted to go & try to push my luck to see how I would deal with being around people. Would my nerves have gotten the best of me? I don't know.

I didn't go 'cause ya can't just up + go to those things, without some things in place. Now I know what I need to work on & get done. As usual, I'm going to try to remember what it is I have to do + write it down when I remember or think about it. :-)

I tried but it didn't quite go the way it should have gone. Well, at least, I know what has to improve....

Also, I learned today that I don't operate well under last minute stress like I used to in the past. I overloaded + had to take a nap. I was knocked out + didn't hear any thing like I didn't sleep at all the previous night....

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:16 am

(((((((((((((((((((( crystalgaze ))))))))))))))))))

You have sorted things out, you now know what you need to do. Perhaps start on putting information together, a resume sort of thing, have it ready for the next job Fair.

Just a thought. Good luck, :wink:

Warmie/Jeanie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:45 am

Thank you Warmie. :-) (((((((((((((((((((( Warmie ))))))))))))))))))

Yes, thank you for the reminder! ~lol~ I nearly forgot again....

I now know:

--I'll have to be prepared at any instant.
--Sometimes things are done last minute here.
--Sometimes these events are not well-advertised.
--The resume I thought I edited: I either didn't do it like I thought I did or I lost it when I did some reformats of the computer when I was trying to solve some problems, even though I do a decent job of saving my work.

--I need some CLOTHES + SHOES! Oh dear! I didn't realize I didn't have any & what I do have I didn't have any shoes any more. (They couldn't fit my feet any more or were too tight.)

My feet are broad (wide), so it's always hard finding a good pair of shoes that won't wreck my feet or that are comfortable. Shopping for clothes can be sort of hard, too, but I sometimes have better luck with that.

--The other thing is to stock up on pantyhose/knee highs, handkerchiefs, jewelry + find some sort of colored lip gloss something or the other. (I'm not a lipstick/make up gal....) I'm "bald" by choice, so my biggest issue with dressing is not to come off as mannish.... (which can be kind of tough) I have jewelry, but they are more suited for when I had hair or even use with a wig....

--I have no idea what was up with this, but recently, I've had acne, so I'm working on that as well + my nails + all the other girlie stuff (shave, etc.).

It's sort of a lot, but I think it'll be okay. One thing at a time.... ~Crystal

BrokenPen

Postby BrokenPen » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:49 am

Then again, there are very few of us who can operate under those kinds of conditions.

Though, job fairs do seem to be rather disheartening. My own experience of going to them is that I look around at the different jobs and think, "Not for me. Not for me. Not for me." And pretty much eliminates everything there.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Okay.... Well, I finally went & did it.... Since my acne is getting out of hand, I went + got Proactiv. It's not bad at all. I only got a maintenance kit & amazingly, I only need a dime-sized drop of the cleanser & the repairing lotion, which both contain benzoyl peroxide. (Maybe that's why Proactiv seems to work so well.)

My acne is very aggressive, though. I will wait to see if it fades my blemish spots.

I also did manage to shave. Somehow, I always dread it & it takes a lot out of me.

Mich

Postby Mich » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:51 am

I hear ya on the shaving...I have trouble getting to my legs. It just seems like such a monumental task that I just can't even start. Congratulations for tackling that. You seem to have a good handle on what you need to put in place to be ready for the next job fair. I wish for you the strength to get these things done. I know you can do it! I also give you a lot of credit for even thinking about braving a job fair. I hope I can get to that point too.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:11 pm

I think I want to try as much as I want to because I really don't have any one to really help me. If I don't get it together, I will sink & I can't really have that.... My parents aren't going to live forever as well.....

I'm just trying to take it in stride & not let it defeat me. I'm hoping that just a little bit at a time will help me win + pave my path..... I guess it's sort of like building a house.

About my legs, I really don't shave my legs. I have been SO hairy all of my life that I shave just about every where else, so my body odor isn't offensive. If/when a significant other comes into the picture, that person is just going to have to accept me for me.

I don't bother with my legs any more because no matter what I've tried, except for waxing, I only irritate my skin + don't get a soft/stubble-free feeling. I don't know of any place where I live that does the kind of waxing I would need.

I find when I get rid of like my chest, underarm + stomach hair, it really does something for my mood.

~lol~ I don't know if I could survive shaving my legs. Maybe 1 day I'll find something that works. :)

Edit: It is ironic how I got out & get something for my acne & then I come across: http://blog.annlouise.com/2009/09/30/ac ... er-damage/ :shock:

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:41 am

Okay... I updated my resume & submitted it. :)

Maybe I'll get a job soon. I am hoping so. ;)

Edit: Oh yeah... I also tried on some of my 'professional' clothes, & they still fit for the most part. ~lol~ However, I can't regain any weight. I actually felt good. My pants seemed to look good, too. I was glad.

Mich

Postby Mich » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:27 am

Great news! Way to go!

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:39 am

yayyyyy =)

Im happy for you <3

dandelion

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Fingers crossed and nicely done. ((((((((((((((( crystalgaze )))))))))))))))

Warmie

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:43 am

Thanks everyone! I am trying my best! 1 of my dad's friends, like a loving horse, gives me a gentle nudge every now & then.

~lol~ Probably nibbles on my leg too to tell me to "get going"...

((((((Mich)))))) (((((((((((((Warmie))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((dande))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:22 am

Alright..... There is a possibility I might get that job....

I should be glad, but I don't know how to feel. Nothing is in place the way it needs to be. ~lol~ (I'm going to laugh here because truly, with the way I feel right now, I might just cry.)

I still need some shoes!!! Ugh!!! Aahhh!!!!! Wash clothes (again). Pack away what's been in baskets + bags on my floor.... ~sigh~ I am almost ready to discard a lot of what I currently have--throw it out or recycle/give it away to someone who might use it.

I'm just getting off my period & I feel like a wreck.... It was so strange.... (I didn't even really bleed! There was only brown discharge like when it's supposed to be beginning/ending....)

I love my mom, but she feels like a pain in the _____ right now. (I really shouldn't think that way, but ugh!!! I mean, I sure to do feel guilty about that 1.... It's a temporary truth, though.) xD She drops things a lot & I almost wonder if she's doing it out of spite. Alright... I'm not going to even consider that thought.... (I will just put that in the "she's in pain" category & try to leave that 1 alone.)

I also don't know how to feel because I feel crushed at the moment.... I'm going to start work & I feel beat out of mind & strength. I'm supposed to grab for just a little more 'cause I keep telling myself I underestimate myself too much....

~lol~ Almost every thing is annoying me, I want to stay away from everyone & I feel like a monster (ready to lash out at whatever)...

I made an error recently & tried to start a relationship. He's interesting but I am just not able to deal with how I feel about every thing. xD (Darn! I knew I shouldn't have broken that promise where I agreed with myself that I wouldn't date!) I will fix that 1 shortly, though, & I can only hope I will come out of it in 1 piece.

(I'm not particularly worried because what will be is going to be & either I'll be able to stop or avoid whatever it is, on the 1 hand OR the end result would be that I won't be able to do any thing about it.)

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:26 pm

The other day, I interviewed for the job. The BIG BOSS...um... summoned me himself. I think I did okay. I'm not sure, though.... We spoke for close to 2 HOURS!!! I think he liked me, my energy & my approach, but I might have messed up a bit. There's no going back now, though.

I did manage to find some shoes FINALLY & some decent accessories! The lady in the shoe store said that it would rain... (~lol~ & funny enough, it did....)

I may have to do another interview some time this week, but right now, I'm not sure of the dates.... I am hoping I don't goof & mixed them up some place. :lol:

BrokenPen

Postby BrokenPen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:28 pm

crystalgaze wrote:The other day, I interviewed for the job. The BIG BOSS...um... summoned me himself. I think I did okay. I'm not sure, though.... We spoke for close to 2 HOURS!!! I think he liked me, my energy & my approach, but I might have messed up a bit. There's no going back now, though.

I did manage to find some shoes FINALLY & some decent accessories! The lady in the shoe store said that it would rain... (~lol~ & funny enough, it did....)

I may have to do another interview some time this week, but right now, I'm not sure of the dates.... I am hoping I don't goof & mixed them up some place. :lol:

It looks like things are looking up wouldn't you say?

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”