I feel suffocated

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

freestyleandsmile

I feel suffocated

Postby freestyleandsmile » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:01 pm

My name is Blaine. I would have just made an intro piece in the correct lounge but I felt I needed to explain my situation and ask for help first.

I feel suffocated. The pressures that I have carried on both shoulders for so long are getting heavier with age. I'm getting letters talking about money that I owe. Rent was due a month ago. A shitty job is hard to find now a days. My girlfriend said the other day that she loves me. I didn't know what to say back. I love her too, I think, but I can't be with her. I can't be the husband, I can't live in perfect suburbia. I get nauseous at the idea of working at some dead end job for fifty years just to barely make ends meet. I hate my life, I hate my surroundings. I only wake up everyday because
I care about the people around me and it would hurt them if I were dead. It feels like I am trapped in a cage and I am claustrophobic.
Can anyone give me advice?

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:12 pm

(((((((((( freestyleandsmile )))))))))))))))
welcome here... im happy you have joined us, i hope we can be of assistance to you. jobs are hard to come by now a days in the us, if that is where you are from. the economy is so bad. talk to your landlord about making payment on your rent, or giving her partial at a time, and not all in one chunck. that could help you out a bit maybe. also if you are having troubles finding a job, look into going to your local unemployment office to see what assistance they can aquire for you. also if you are in the US check out your department of social services about food stamps to help with your money supply. if you are a low income earner, then you may be able to qualify. also they can provide you with tanf which is temporary assistance for needy families. its always worth a try so see what the government will help you with and what not. also if you dont have medical insurance, you can always look into medicaid. so there are many resources for help out there, it may seem embarassing to have to ask for help, but its what must be done sometimes. please dont feel embarassed if it comes down to that. hope to see more posts from you in the future, again welcome here!

freestyleandsmile

Postby freestyleandsmile » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:28 pm

well, all of that is my technical problems I guess. It seems no matter the problem I feel suffocated. I don't know if it is because of where I live, the past pressures that have never been lifted, relationship status (being afraid of commitment), being jobless and still being expected to pay everybody and their grandma, or if it's just simply just the society that we live in...I should have given a little more background about this. I've felt this way for many years. I've started philosophizing since I was 10. I probably just think too much. It could be that I've cried about 3 or 4 times since I was 8years old. Either or I feel suffocated, I'm not really sure why. It feels like I can't breathe sometimes. The cage seems to get smaller sometimes.

aim

Postby aim » Fri May 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Hi Blaine - welcome and nice to meet you!

Money problems can make even the happiest person become down. I've had some myself... it is truly a blood-sucking life-consuming problem, isn't it? Seems that the governement, your creditors, student loan people... they all strive to make your life total heck while at the same time justifying their harassment of you. And I do think it's the harrassment that makes us so anxious.

As for your girlfriend... have the two of you talked about a future? Does she know how you feel?

Aurelia5

Suffocation

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri May 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Hey Blaine -
Could you give us a little background? Age, physical description, health, prior relationship history - just anything that helps us see what it is that's getting all over your nerves. You certainly don't have to, but it would help. This group, which I was lucky enough to find just a few days ago is great. A whole pile of really caring people.

Here's a fast trick to help you right this minute. Go out, if you are physically able, and exercise until you nearly drop. Obviously don't do anything that is going to injure you, but something easy but effective. Like walking. Walk fast. Walk a long distance. The world looks different from the sidewalk, and you sound like a change of location is needed NOW. You won't be running away from your problems, but the exhaustion and the sights you see will make them seem less of a drag than before. Don't think about it, just go do it. Getting up and out - the first step- is the hardest, but I can guanantee you it will make you feel better. Worst case is it will just make you feel different. Do it now.

A.

aim

Postby aim » Fri May 01, 2009 7:10 pm

Good idea for Blaine there! I have to tell you that just getting outside makes you feel better, and even just walking helps to clear the head a bit.

I walk my dog every morning... well, most mornings, and it does feel good to just be with myself. Physical exercise makes your brain work better!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”