Need ideas to fix things

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

spice

Need ideas to fix things

Postby spice » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:36 pm

So yesterday was my fiancee and I 7th aniversery, I of course had to go and ruin everything with a meltdown. I want to try again and do something special for him. He has put up with me and my stupid brain for 7 years. I don't know what to do for him or how to say sorry without it sounding like I don't mean it ( I apologize a million times a day). Dose anyone have any ideas.

Spleefy

Re: Need ideas to fix things

Postby Spleefy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:33 am

Hi Spice,

Congratulations on your anniversary.

I can appreciate how frustrated you feel with yourself.

He hasn’t been “putting up with you” as you put it. He clearly loves you and is demonstrating his commitment to you. He sounds like a good man.

I am sure he doesn’t blame you for a meltdown and understands. Have faith in that.

You said you want to try again. Why not? That sounds great. You haven’t ruined anything, and I’m sure he would be telling you the same thing if he hasn’t already.

So why not plan something special for him? Let your actions speak rather than your words. It doesn’t need to be elaborate. Perhaps think about how much you love him and appreciate all the support and comfort he has given you over the years. When you have this feeling, hold onto it and then think of something special you could do for him to express these feelings.

Some ideas could be cook his favorite meal, followed by running him a nice bath and relaxing in it together with candles gently glowing. Then you could give him a full body massage with essential oils with relaxing music in the background. You could also leave some notes lying around the house with loving words, such as "I love you, my darling"; "you are amazing"; "Thank you for being YOU"; "I appreciate you", "thank you for all your support over the years", etc.

But you know him better than anyone, so you'll think of something to show him how much you love and appreciate him.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”