Unable to express my emotions

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Siddharth96

Unable to express my emotions

Postby Siddharth96 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:57 am

It has been happening for r a long t time...i am somewhat a shy introvert....i have been like this since childhood...in early part of my life it wasn't a big deal because I had my family... some friends and also since I was a kid I used to get some attention...but this adulthood has really struck me... my nature has caused me to lose friends...I m staying away from my family now...my friends barely care about me...I recently broke up with my girlfriend...she cheated on me with another guy...I on the other hand find it difficult to even find someone because of my shy nature...i barely laugh or hangout with others... spend most of my time in my room... with lights closed.. completely demotivated... life is turning out to be completely miserable for me...i have no idea what to do... it's tough to live this way...
P.S- sorry for any grammatical error... english is not my first language

laurenipsum

Re: Unable to express my emotions

Postby laurenipsum » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:38 am

Hi, I'm really sorry to hear what you're experiencing. It sounds like severe depression. Do you have any access to therapy?

I know this sounds completely lame, but if you FORCE yourself to exercise, go on outings, go out with people, go on walks, call a friend on the phone, even do volunteer work, it might help. I know it feels completely wrong and ridiculous, and you feel like you're acting in a weird movie, or trapped behind a glass watching everyone else live their lives, but it could help.

Let me know how you're doing and if anything changes.

Jtw

Re: Unable to express my emotions

Postby Jtw » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:43 pm

If you find it difficult to express your emotions, find an outlet. I'm a writer, I pour out my feelings that way, but anything will work. Cook, build something, draw, ride a bike, learn a new language. Anything!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”