I celebrate my success :D

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

sam steven

I celebrate my success :D

Postby sam steven » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:43 am

I was always bothered about, how I look, how others are distinguishing me. Anxiety for me was possibly superior to depression. It’s a terrible, perturbed emotion. I started losing a lot of weight and late realized that I had developed an eating disorder. But with some constant support and love from my family & friends helped a lot in this case and I started loving my life and gaining confidence day by day. I started overcoming it day by day with some recreational activities and some good blogs. Hope you guys also start thinking about the positives of our life rather than noticing the negatives. Please share some tips if you’ve been through similar experiences as I am helping other people going through such issues.

sherril2291

Re: I celebrate my success :D

Postby sherril2291 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:18 pm

I am so proud of you! I hate that we live in a society that makes us believe we need to compare ourselves and keep up, or surpass, others. I believe we were all born for a purpose that only we can fulfill, and it doesn't have to be some big, famous mission - we could be exactly what the people in our family, building, or neighborhood need, in ways that are specific to us. You obviously have great resolve and the ability to change your thinking so that your actions can change. Making a point to write down what we're grateful for each day trains our brains to look for what we have instead of what we don't, just as you mentioned. But also, when things come into our lives that we're not so grateful for, we learn to look for the lessons we can get from these timesl, because the gift of a new perspective, and wanting to share that perspective as you are, helps us remain hopeful even when life seems hard. Continue loving yourself, and continue loving others- that's the real happiness in life.

OmaGosh

Postby OmaGosh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:02 am

I'm so glad to hear that you're finding victory. Isn't it sad that we compare ourselves to others?
Such a bad idea, yet we all do it at some time or another and to some degree or another.
As a Christian, I see over and over WHY God says not to covet or lust after something that doesn't belong to us.
Looking around at others, comparing ourselves with others, makes us discontent and unhappy.
The irony is that the people around us are doing the same thing. No one has it all together all the time.

Beth F

Postby Beth F » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:04 pm

I'm very happy for you and understand how difficult it is to overcome an eating disorder. For me the anorexia was a lot about feeling in control when inside I felt so out of control. At first it worked, but then the eating disorder took control and the downward spiral became even worse. I'm sure you know what I mean. There are still days when those habits show up, of withholding food because I don't feel worthy or because the anxiety and depression are too much. I think what's really helped me is my spiritual practice, being honest with myself about my feelings and the support of family. A good support system is so important. It's great that you're helping others with these issues and I wish you all the best.

sam steven

Postby sam steven » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:05 am

One of my suggestions is that when you are depressed you should read some good books, articles which can lower your heart rate and relax you physically. When you escape reality for a while you tend to lose yourself, your troubles, and your anxieties, if only for an hour. Sometimes, that hour is all you need to get through the day. Coping isn't simple, but at least with a book, it can be a little bit easier. You can also read these articles which I found while I was researching for some treatments - [link removed]. According to my experience reading unquestionably, helps to release anxiety.

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:06 am

I’m glad to hear that, Sam. Thanks for sharing a lil about your story with us. I so appreciate your desire to help others. I’m sure your post will bring hope to everyone here. Have a blessed stay!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”