Depression Accountability – Monday

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Cactus.ly

Depression Accountability – Monday

Postby Cactus.ly » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:11 am

Major themes I've been struggling with are feeling that I wasted the last five years of my life investing in people and things that didn't give back. Their careers have moved on, but all they did was take. Nothing has changed for me. In many ways, I feel worse off. Then personally, people expect me to fix everything for everyone by myself. I haven't had the support systems I need for most of my life, though I have been there for others. Right now, I don't feel like I can be there for anyone. I really don't want to be, and it's affecting my work because I feel stuck. So, I haven't got much of anything done since starting these accountability posts, except for making meals and getting some exercise started again. That's something. I guess.

I hope everyone had a better Monday and ask that you share what you accomplished against the weight of depression.

SuZQ154

Re: Depression Accountability – Monday

Postby SuZQ154 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:33 pm

So sorry you are feeling this way. It is hard when you feel like people are taking advantage of you! Have you considered seeing a counselor? Christian counseling has helped me in the past with issues like this! It offered me a safe place to vent, cry, figure out my own feelings and baggage, and then getting a Godly, less biased perspective than I would from a friend or relative. You might want to try it. Blessings to you today.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”