Loneliness and Depression

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

pen27

Loneliness and Depression

Postby pen27 » Sun May 06, 2018 1:33 pm

I'm going through a really bad period right now. Medication isn't helping, and I am trying to transition to a new regimen. I think the hardest thing is dealing with this alone. I have no family or friend support, so it's an incredibly lonely feeling. Every day is so difficult and especially trying to get through work each day, pretending things are ok.

Re: Loneliness and Depression

Postby 15472 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:16 pm

I feel the same paine. I don't really want to believe in medicine, maybe it's just me but that makes me feel like I'm going to have to be a pill addict to stay sane. The counseling I got from a professional made me feel worse. It was like he didn't think I was, you know, just not wired righte. Crazy. Like he was saying that there was nothing wrong with me it is just a depression phase that I will and can work through. But I am almost 50 years old and I have 1 freind and no romantic relationships in 10 years, I hate my living situation and I make minimum wage at a job I don't like. I hope sharing my pain helps. I mean I have to listen news radio all day to keep the voices out of my head. not really voices, just the historian in my head reminding me of my failures in the past and the lack of prospects in the future. The economist in my head reminds me that I am getting close to living paycheck to paycheck. I'm hoping a better job will be a good start. It's just hard to sell yourself when you feel like a failure in life. I'll try to get a better job, better place to live, make freinds etc. I don't know what your problem is, I don't really know what mine is either. I just wish I could tell everone that I am in a place where I can't enjoy the company of others because I feel like i have failed at life. I don't know what I did wrong and I don't think I am sorry, I have just been being me my whole life and being me has been wrong. So here I am trying to work it out by talking with people online. Hope it helps us both. This is my first time doing this type of thing, am I doing it right?

foreverbeach11

Postby foreverbeach11 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:24 pm

I am sorry you are having a tough time right now. Thank you for reaching out for support. Have you considered talking to your family about what you are experiencing now? Maybe they would be able to help you get through this tough time. Have you thought about talking to a counselor for help in how to manage what you are going through in changing regimens? Sometimes we have to pretend things are ok to make it through the day. It's ok to express what's going on to people you trust. I know. I have pretended things were ok when they weren't. I reached out like you are doing and expressed the tough time that I was going through. Wishing you the best.

graceforeverandever

Postby graceforeverandever » Sun May 20, 2018 11:10 am

Dear Pen27, I am so sorry you are dealing with such a difficult situation. These forums are great for sharing burdens, and venting. In despite of this situation let me tell that you are important and valuable person and you are a person worth of dignity and respect. You may be have a hard time believing this, but that doesn’t disqualify you from being love and valued for exactly who you are. Maybe you can take out good of this situation that you have to deal with. Have courage!, you do not have to pretend that things are ok. I encourage you to seek help outside. Christian counseling or therapy can be helpful to work through things like this. You are valuable and worth fighting for. This list-ly is extremely important for you are going through: https://list.ly/list/1CE4-looking-up-fr ... n-darkness. Please let me tell you my friend that you are not alone in this battle. Sending you hugs. I will keep you in my prayers my friend.-keep us posted, OK?

Summercrossing2009

Postby Summercrossing2009 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:33 pm

I am in your shoes at this very moment. I am dealing with severe depression. It comes and goes but this time around it has really hit me severely. Dealing with another medical issue. I too am feeling really alone even though I'm married. Different health circumstances and I haven't been able to speak of it before with him in depth. I spent yesterday afternoon in my room crying from how down I was. I am not glad that others are dealing with this, but glad that I'm not alone.

Jhanine

Postby Jhanine » Wed May 23, 2018 12:56 am

Hi guys, i have a depressive disorder, me and my 10 yrs boyfriend got broke up last weekend and I feel horrible for what happened to us. I love him with all my heart when he just met this girl somewhere I don't know. That's why I don't want anybody to talk to me or even ask me how i feel right now. I only want to stay in my room and lay in bed then browsing the net. But upon browsing i read something that really got my attention. I want to take marijuana as well but it has a good benefits and it can cure my depression. Does anybody tried using MJ as a medicine? Care to reply. Thanks.

Sneh

Postby Sneh » Fri May 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Dear Pen27, Dont worry, you have like minded company for you. I too have lived all my life being myself and now when I am 50 I too feel this was not the correct thing. I have been a failure all my life. And have no major talent or achievement. And worse is I dont even want to work to change this status. I dont know what to do. All I am doing these days is crying. I feel I am useless and just want to vanish into oblivion. Be among strangers who will not judge me and accept me as I am. Further more I remarried only 2 months back and feel sorry for my new husband.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”