Should I send my daughter to inpatient treatment?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LisaS

Should I send my daughter to inpatient treatment?

Postby LisaS » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:56 pm

Hello All,

I am really hoping someone will respond. I feel like I am losing it all together. One of my daughter's (daughter is 17) counselors just recommended we send her to an inpatient program at a drug and alcohol center with dual diagnosis care for anywhere from 2-6 months about three hours away. On top of that she is threatening to report me for medical neglect of I refuse. I knew my daughter had experimented with a lot of things over the last two years, but we really clamped down on her freedoms. I really don't think she is an alcoholic. She hasn't had a drink in two weeks. She suffers from genetic (from me) major depressive disorder and extreme anxiety as well as being mildly autistic. She self harms and thinks about suicide very often. Currently she sees a psychiatrist once a month, a regular counselor once a week, and a drug and alcohol counselor twice a week. She does take a couple MEDS too. In addition, the poor girl is stuck with me. I suffer from MDD, anxiety, and PTSD.
Should I send her to the D&A treatment facility? Will her mental health be okay in there? Any advice, cautionary tales, or ideas? Feel free to reply to this post or to send me a PM.

Sincerely,
LisaS

Prycejosh1987

Re: Should I send my daughter to inpatient treatment?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:36 pm

Do what you need to do to see the answers you are looking for.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”