Managing evenings

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

A_M

Managing evenings

Postby A_M » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Hello, new member here. I'm looking for ways to cope with evenings, when the depression gets worse. I can handle anxiety with meds, but there's no quick fix for when the hopelessness is completely overwhelming and you feel like nothing is ever going to feel ok again. Suggestions? I live on an isolated university campus without access to a car and can not really go anywhere on evenings. Movies/series do not distract me enough, and I can't focus on reading.

Genlean

Re: Managing evenings

Postby Genlean » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 pm

Welcome.
Have you considered checking what is on the schedule on campus. It is always good to be around people. Activities are prevalent on campus. Get involved, at first just watch others, then get involved.
Getting out of your room and being around others can boost your spirit.
Check the calendar and see what is on, then choose one item. I am curious what you have chosen
Or go to the "quad" or where students gather. Take a notebook and write or doodle.

BLJ

Re: Managing evenings

Postby BLJ » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:16 am

Welcome! :)
Being alone in the evenings is difficult unless your day has been so full with classes and
exercise that early to bed is your plan. I know I feel much better when I get a solid
night sleep. Everything looks brighter in the a.m. I also take the quiet evening hours
as an opportunity to pray for a goods nights rest and positive thoughts.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”