Will it possible to completely overcome OCD?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Elisawest

Will it possible to completely overcome OCD?

Postby Elisawest » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:04 am

Hi, I am a person having full of unwanted thoughts. Usually, my friends tell me that I am suffering from obsessive-compulsive disorder. But I was not serious about that. Last day, I switched off the fan after coming out from the conference room. After reaching my table, I was in doubt whether I switched off the fan or not. While I was trying to rush into the room again, my friend blocked me and said that I have turned off the switch. But I was in doubt and wanted to confirm that. She didn't allow me to check it. My friend told me that it was due to a kind of compulsive thought and try to avoid such unwanted doubts and thoughts. Then onwards, I became more keen on such simple activities and tried to avoid such compulsive thoughts. But I always have a temptation to confirm them. I think it is better to consult a doctor for my problem. So I began to search for some behavioral therapy treatments. One of my friends suggested me a clinic in Toronto for obsessive compulsive disorder treatment. I have gone through their website, they are providing a form of cognitive behavior therapy known as exposure and response prevention for overcoming these obsessions and compulsions. But before taking the treatment, I would like to know whether this disease is completely curable. Is there any oral medication need for this?

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”