What do you do when you're feeling really down?

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

markrzad

What do you do when you're feeling really down?

Postby markrzad » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Today I'm feeling especially down.

It's raining here and I didn't sleep well last night. I had a breakfast meeting...and I love breakfast...but didn't want to go and be all cherrie when I feel so down.

Usually my morning routine involves stretches and breathing for about 30 minutes, followed by some relaxing music and some Texas Hold'em so I can get into a good frame of mind for the day...but it didn't work today.

Any suggestions on what to do to pick up your mood and mind?

ree

Re: What do you do when you're feeling really down?

Postby ree » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:08 pm

Hey there!

Just thought i'd share my testimony and what helped me! You can read it here :)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31712&p=162445#p162445

bugzee

Postby bugzee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:11 pm

What sometimes works for me is to go out of the house, maybe a walk or a ride. Sometimes no matter what I try, nothing works and I just keep telling myself that it will pass. Hope you feel better.

Wandering2496

Postby Wandering2496 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:17 am

Have something to look forward to, like a meetup with a friend or a new episode of your favorite television series. It's an advice an old employer had given me during one of my depressive periods, and it has helped me carry on since. I hope that it helps you carry on too!

cricket

Postby cricket » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:28 am

I try to treat myself the best way i can think of in that given moment. That my include just chilling at home watching movies allday, or going for a hike, or meeting a good friend. It always depends on the situation for me. I also looked for medicine which i could take to improve my situation. The most useful thing i found was Tianeptine which showed a lot of benefits for such problems in studies. The problem is there are only and handful of them at the moment, so it need a lot more research until we can benefit from it.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”