Relaxation Techniques

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

BillHicksFan

Relaxation Techniques

Postby BillHicksFan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:00 pm

If everyone gave a few tips, we'd have HUNDREDS of tips - since some things work for some people, and some other things don't... Some things might not help as much as others, but look at it by the percentages... Meditation might help by 40%, drinking a full glass of water (or anti-oxidants; pomegranates, blueberries) might help 5%, and if you add it all up, you might not be "perfect" but everyone knows during a panic attack that ANY relief is relief, especially when you are in that helpless mood..

KEEP A JOURNAL
Write down things that not only stress you out, but the things that make you laugh, smile, or feel good in general. Nutrition doesn't end with food, which is important, but the soul, heart, and brain needs nutrition as well, and since we have the luxuries of a forum and many interactive chat rooms, we should be able to help each other, make each other better.... I notice great enthusiasm and less death threats when people talk about things they LOVE/LIKE as opposed to things that we hate (especially since we usually all hate the same stuff)...

Taking a hot bath helps, but if you are having a panic attack and can't wait, take a hot shower...

Eating foods, especially turkey or anything else with tryptophan, since the chemicals relax you..

I usually see a correlation between sleep and mood - so try to find ways to sleep better.. Again, meditation works. I'll explain a few things that work for me.

MEDITATION
Before we all became Buddhists and would chant "Namaste", the advice was simple: "Take a deep breath".... Well, if you take multiple breaths, you'll feel multiply better. There are many ways, and you should find what is best for you by trial and error.. What I do..

Method #1 -- First off, I turn off any possible distractions.. Phone is off first... And anything that makes noise, because it will distract, since you'll be thinking about the sounds, what's being said, contents, etc etc... The only thing you should be listening to is your breathing. I always close my eyes for the same type of reason.. With my eyes opened right now, I see objects, and then think of the meanings behind them.. Colors, textures, etc etc....... I hold my hands (I like to be as symmetric as possible) and sit on a flat surface (usually facing my closed door) and I inhale slowly for a few seconds, and as I exhale slowly, I make sure I do this in one movement... If you have to think of something, use your imagination of images you would love to see, things you love, happy things....... Make sure your muscles are relaxed, since it's a problem I notice after trying to be more and more aware as I get older... Sometimes, it's the facial muscles.... Try not to move! If you are experiencing any difficulties, remember to stretch before, and fill your head with nice thoughts. Watch or do something funny/silly if you can't seem to do it.

Method #2 -- While laying down, listen to music, something peaceful, slow.. Instrumentals are great, but whatever makes you feel the best.. Do nothing except concentrating on the music... I once did this for 45 minutes and I had never been so relaxed for the next hours.

Sometimes talking out-loud helps, even if no one is around. Use your imagination. Do some exercise - sweating gives you natural euphoria, and you'll notice the panic attack going away.... Masturbation helps, but I would recommend doing this before you go to bed, as you don't want to be sweating in bed, and possibly engaging in something that wakes you up... Maybe an hour before hand, or even before a shower.

cMckenley

Re: Relaxation Techniques

Postby cMckenley » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:48 am

I've read this on article about magic mushrooms and how it can help you cope with anxiety and depression here in https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/psilo ... epression/ and im really fascinated about this because it has many medicinal properties. I have zero experience about this so its better for you to check it out for yourself. Hope this helps

BillHicksFan

Postby BillHicksFan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:23 am

cMckenley wrote:I've read this on article about magic mushrooms and how it can help you cope with anxiety and depression here in https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/psilo ... epression/ and im really fascinated about this because it has many medicinal properties. I have zero experience about this so its better for you to check it out for yourself. Hope this helps

I have quite a bit of experience, and let's just say it has done wonders.

jasiesmith

Postby jasiesmith » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 am

I've had similar cases like these too within my family and let me assure you, the support of your family members and loved ones play a critical part in healing yourself. The rest you do on your own by reading and coping up with other depressed people. I cured my anxiety dizziness which I got afterwards just by reading a post to which I'll share the link when I'm done. I hope you get well and cure yourself of all the things you are facing. Lots of prayers, love and support! Take care and goodluck!

BillHicksFan

Postby BillHicksFan » Thu May 03, 2018 11:55 am

jasiesmith wrote:I've had similar cases like these too within my family and let me assure you, the support of your family members and loved ones play a critical part in healing yourself. The rest you do on your own by reading and coping up with other depressed people. I cured my anxiety dizziness which I got afterwards just by reading a post to which I'll share the link when I'm done. I hope you get well and cure yourself of all the things you are facing. Lots of prayers, love and support! Take care and goodluck!

Please share!

jasiesmith

Postby jasiesmith » Tue May 15, 2018 9:20 am

BillHicksFan wrote:
jasiesmith wrote:I've had similar cases like these too within my family and let me assure you, the support of your family members and loved ones play a critical part in healing yourself. The rest you do on your own by reading and coping up with other depressed people. I cured my anxiety dizziness which I got afterwards just by reading a post to which I'll share the link when I'm done. I hope you get well and cure yourself of all the things you are facing. Lots of prayers, love and support! Take care and goodluck!

Please share!

You can click on "anxiety dizziness in this comment" :oops:

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”