Severe Depression-reaching out

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

philsbrain

Severe Depression-reaching out

Postby philsbrain » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:43 pm

Hello, I am philsbrain and I have had severe, treatment resistant depression for decades. I am helped by contact with other depressed people. Also, it helps me to try and help others. I am a good listener and have big ears. Compassion is my passion. I am also interested in New meds, experimental treatments, any ideas? Depression can be so hard so I hope for the well being of others, anything I can do. In the face of relentless negative thoughts, I tell myself: these are symptoms, not facts. Everything goes in cycles. Such terrible pain! But try (it's hard) to Keep up hope.

sleepyhead

Re: Severe Depression-reaching out

Postby sleepyhead » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:54 pm

I feel your pain. I really do. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. I have tried so many medications, therapies, etc... but never feel like I am living a normal, happy life. From the outside looking in, I have a wonderful life, but my brain makes my life look bleak. I am so tired.

PracticalGrit617

Postby PracticalGrit617 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 pm

Hey friend,
Glad to hear from you. Have you heard the story about the mud puddle?

CamGirl

Postby CamGirl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:17 am

One of the ways I combat my depression is through writing. Do you know about WattPad or Episode?

heavyheart38

Postby heavyheart38 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:44 pm

sleepyhead wrote:I feel your pain. I really do. I have suffered from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. I have tried so many medications, therapies, etc... but never feel like I am living a normal, happy life. From the outside looking in, I have a wonderful life, but my brain makes my life look bleak. I am so tired.
this is me in a nutshell. I think I know the answers, just am too afraid of the anxiety and associated feelings to facilitate them

Jaycdp

Postby Jaycdp » Sat May 12, 2018 10:28 pm

There are several new treatment coming up for depresion, mainly ketamine nasal spray and 30 plus new drugs are undergoing clinical trial in the year 2018. Serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SNRIS are no longer considered silver bullets for depresion, besides treatment failure with these drugs were about fifty to sixty percentage. vortioxetine and brexperizol are two new interesting medication available for depresion, brexperizol or rexulti is approved for an ad on therapy with AD and vortioxetine is as good as SSRi in treating depresion .

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”