Meds question

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Stickjwr1

Meds question

Postby Stickjwr1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:37 pm

I have been on 10mg of lexapro now for 4 years. It has helped my anxiety over the years. But lately I have been feeling the anxiety coming back. Not as bad as before. Scale of 1 to 10. I would say a 3. Also it seems like I have slight depression also. I don't seem to find activities fulfilling. I go for a follow up/med check in February. Should I have him bump up my lexapro to 15mg. Or should I take another med with the lexapro. Like Wellbutrin? The lexapro kind of makes me foggy felling. Not sure what to do.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Meds question

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:24 pm

Before you do anything you might regret I would go and see the doctor first. Maybe write down how you been feeling and the symptoms you been experiencing. That way your doctor will see whether your medication should be increased. I would take it when you see you doctor next.

Sometimes when you been on a certain medication for so long you kind of feel like your just about steady but your feeling as if you could be better. That's normal to feel and over time you will see how much the medication has made a difference if you keep taking it as what the doctor said.

If you find you need someone to talk to instead you can always call the smartians. They are free 24/7 and is there to listen to you. Would that be something you can do? would it help?

I hope you find that helps.

x

TerriK

Re: Meds question

Postby TerriK » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:45 pm

I hope you talked to DOC about mess and how your feeling. There are so many drugs and they seem to each be specific to something. I've switched meds about 5 times over the years. I think our chemistry adjusts in the brain. I also took ECT (Electro compulsive therapy) and it helped. Anytime you feel differently on a med or feel it's not working tell your doc. They can't help if we don't tell them what's up.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”